Swellinfo Redesign

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Swellinfo, Jun 13, 2018.

1. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    @nopantsLance:

This is the perfect time and place to post your "self portrait" from the What Do We Look Like" thread.

Thanks in advance,
    Piedra

2. Merx

Merx Well-Known Member

Apr 4, 2018
    And try telling me that you don't like slow motion video of empty waves, Kiddie. You know I'm right! Just admit it. :cool:

The slow motion video at the top of the landing page could be regularly updated, in order to keep it fresh and all further engaged, checking back more frequently to see what's new. In other words, it could assist with traffic increase, which is probably the ultimate goal.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018

3. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    yo wtf happened to the forecast,im guessing this is for the redesign?i checked forecast on Saturday it was normal,now it looks like magicseaweed.i do not like,is there any way to restore old mode??????

Kanman and DonQ like this.
  4. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    waves Friday tho

DonQ likes this.
  5. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Im with you cep. I don't like it. Im probably just not used to it. And I'll get used to it. But it looks like all the other sites i choose not to use. Swell info was different and better. It's probably still better, but no longer diffrent

6. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I'm trying to clean up my act too but this is weak

7. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Wait is this the version I previewed? Yuck, now I'm scrolling down the screen to see a bunch of information that is both poorly laid out and not needed. I don't just not like it I hate it.

8. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    really miss the color coded at a glance 5 day chart, and the animated WAM - everything else looks good

found them, it doesn't appear anything was lost and a few things added

cepriano and willburne like this.
  9. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Too many clicks required to see what I want to see

I'm confused, hurt, and angry. Why is it always more shit to sift thru? More drain on the membrane. Can't just jog on and see the forecast. WTF?

And no list of recent treaddes so have to search by category, but that's backwards. How you gonna know if a new one is posted. Are we psychics, nope. Adnims fucked it up.

Meanwhile there's a low getting ready to form off Cacalacee but how are we gonna jinx it now? Niggas please! Get a real CTO not some ho bag.

cepriano and La_Piedra like this.
  10. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I could stand (barely) the other format changes, but don't like the changes to the forecast chart at all. The old chart was extremely user friendly, which is the biggest reason that I've stayed here all this time.

I actually thought about going to MSW until I remembered that their forecast is almost identical to the new SI format.

ugghh

pdub likes this.
  11. willburne

willburne Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Please somehow bring back the 5 day color chart with the hour by hour scroll feature. On my phone this makes me feel like I’m looking at magic seaweed , but instead of star ratings I see a little homie with red blue or green bars next to him.

cepriano, pdub, capecodcdog and 2 others like this.
  12. willburne

willburne Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Upon further investigation - I take back my qualm. However it still has a magic wee wee vibe to the look of the layout. Other than that it’s kewl I guess

13. soulrider

soulrider Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
  14. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    You seem to be missing the forecast tab:

Attached Files:

15. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    You can toggle between report and forecast, and it will save where you are for future visits as default.

16. Sir_Ballyhoo

Sir_Ballyhoo Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2018
    Instead of putting too many shitty amateur pictures on the front page. Put a quote of the day from the forum on the front page, and then links to that thread.

DonQ and Mr.Belmar like this.
  17. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    This might sound weird but one of the only reasons I clicked on swell info all the time was to link to my business Facebook account since I had one time liked swellinfo. Not sure why I never saved a direct link but now that little Facebook icon is gone, oh well see ya.

18. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    I do not like the new format. At all.

19. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Different than before, but we will get used to it.
    I do like the tide chart--that is well done. I double checked it for accuracy with our local tide chart and it is spot on. Good job on that.

20. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    I think what willburne is saying is that the ability (functionality) to scroll the "crosshair" across the forecast "hour by hour" and get the predicted primary and secondary swell (height, period, direction), as well as wind speed/direction, is not there (at least on android). I will check if the functionality is there on PC and various browers (I have FF, chrome, edge on my laptop) later. I think this is a nice feature, as knowing swell and wind components, along with propre sand reconne are the critical predictors.

Of course nothing beats putting the "Mark 1 eyeball" on it day of.:cool:

Anyways, appreciate your efforts to continue to improve SI, and realize we are currently on the shakedown cruise.

La_Piedra and DawnPatrol321 like this.