Battle scars

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Moon dog, Jul 3, 2018.

1. Moon dog

Moon dog Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Over my years of surfing I have aquired a few scars and miscellaneous injuries.
    Broken nose with fin slash, board hit me in face. Fin slash to top of head ( was winter didn't know was cut) though I was ok till I felt warm blood running down face had already paddled back out. Won't bore you with all point is non-surfers think surfing is a hippie/sissy thing. I also brave flooding condition to storm surf. KIMG0080.JPG

2. The Lonesome Tractor

The Lonesome Tractor Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2012
    I too consider myself to be brave beyond most any other sport or cultural following. I remember a day I was walking to the beach for sand reconne and stepped on a sand spur. Luckily i had my sandals on, but when i took my sandals off it poked me in the finger. OUCH!

Dune, nopantsLance, headhigh and 2 others like this.

3. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    heaps of Meh likes this.
  4. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    lots of fin cuts and nice scars on my neck and elbows from crappy 80s wetsuits

5. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

If you guys have scars and wounds from surfing, I suggest you all learn to surf correctly. Only wittle wittle babies hurt themselves while surfing....awwwww.....I bet I hurt your feewings now, didn't I??
    Assholes.

heaps of Meh likes this.
  6. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
  7. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    if you aren't get hurt your aren't pushing your abilities.

BassMon2 likes this.
  8. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

I don't need to push my abilities. Only losers equate injuries to abilities. It is quite the opposite--getting injured shows a lack of abilities.

The things I have to do to kick start this site full of moronic surfers into a lively board of hate and spite. You guys aren't surfers....you are tourists at the beach, nothing more.
    Oh, and don't forget your sunscreen. Heaven forbid you get a wittle sun burn.....

9. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Clearly. Go for another paddle on your longboard, geezer

Kanman likes this.
  10. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

There we go...finally woke one asshole up.
    bwahahahaha!!!

11. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Rode a Morey Doyle shirtless in windchoppe for hours- worst tittie rash in my life!

This reminds me of Barry and Pump comparing scars

La_Piedra and heaps of Meh like this.
  12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Asshole #2 woken up.....NEXT!!!

CuckNorris likes this.
  13. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

14. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

And now we have asshole #3.......lol

15. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    this made me LOL

CuckNorris and heaps of Meh like this.
  16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Surfing is a pretty safe sport. People don't really get hurt that often. That's why me and BC are still in the game.

But if you do it long enough, you get your stories. I got another dude's board to the head in a grinder in Manasquan one summer day, and two little tarts were happy to drive me to the hospital.

so there's that...

Barry Cuda likes this.
  17. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    Don't know how to post a new treadde, and by now I have forgotten why. Suck it.

Oh. now I rememberrre. They are sanctimonious regarding their fancy lunch tray models, and have to pump like a dog in heat to get the thang moving down the line. Ugly! But I can't find the Post A New Threadde button to mock the hipsters out. So I crashed this treadde to get the word out. EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT!

Blind to reason but still have the Inner Vision know what I'm sayin?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Kanman likes this.
  18. sisurfdogg

Jun 17, 2013
    This summer, if I find an old scurby iguana desperate for lettuce and water, all semonilia infested, I will build a hutch, keep him in a maximum security pen in our courtyard (with a basketball hoop of course), feed him lettuce and bugs, and call him Barry. Just so I can make Christmas cards with him in a Hawaiian shirt and sunglasses.

19. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Never go to SD without making a stop @ Bird's, that place is da bomb

Only real injury that stands out for me: surfing So. Mission Jetty around '82 with a couple buddies, finished a wave then proned out on my board to ride the whitewater back towards the paddling channel.

All of a sudden I feel a strong and sharp pain in the arch of my right foot, it hurt bad. Get to the channel and look at my foot and it's bleeding badly. Looked over to see one of my buddies swimming after his loose board...He lost it and the nose fired about an inch into my arch.

i screamed at him and called him a kook. He replied, "I was doing an off the lip, man". Fark

Hopped on one leg to the beach and had someone grab a lifeguard, who was no help. "Bummer dude, I can't do nothing about it". Told me I need to go to the hospital and get stitched up. Said they'd give it a direct shot to numb it, then stitch it up. Told me to take off my wetsuit, or they would cut it off at the hospital.

Shots? Stitches? Wetsuit cutting? FUCK THAT.

So I drove back to the valley bleeding in my wetsuit in a '64 VW Van, barely able to push the gas pedal and hoping I wouldn't need to step on the brakes lol. Major bitch.

Got home and cleaned it up, slapped 4 or 5 butterfly bandages on it and was on crutches for a month or so.

Scar is over an inch long and the tissue is harder than a scab. My wife still gives me endless shit about not going to the doctors.

CuckNorris and SCOB3YVILLE like this.
  20. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

Huh? 64 VW van?? Aw shit...you one of "those" guys??
    lol

La_Piedra likes this.