Shark spotted swimming near man trying to escape police custody

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by UnfurleD, Aug 31, 2017.

1. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    A North Carolina man allegedly attempted to elude police on Wednesday by diving into the ocean and swimming away -- but unknowingly he was just feet away from a shark while trying the brazen escape.

Zachary Kingsbury, 20, was pulled over for a traffic stop just before 5 p.m. in Surf City, according to WECT.

He allegedly tried to escape when officers spotted illegal contraband inside the vehicle and asked him to exit the car. Kingsbury jumped into the ocean and began swimming away, leading to an hours-long standoff, officials said.

Within an hour, Kingsbury was reportedly 4,000 feet from the shore, and the Surf City Police Department launched a drone to track the escapee.

"At that point, the operation became a rescue operation," police said in a statement.

But as police were trying to save Kingsbury, they noticed a shark swimming near the man, drone footage showed.

Police were able to nab Kingsbury about 7:45 p.m., according to the Charlotte Observer.

"I would’ve drowned after 10 minutes...dude’s an animal," a witness wrote in a Facebook post.

Kingsbury was charged with resisting arrest, obstructing an officer, possession of drug paraphernalia, methamphetamine, and possession of marijuana of up to a half an ounce.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/shark-spotted-swimming-near-man-trying-to-escape-police-custody/ar-AAr3iuH?li=BBnbfcL

2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    drones can be a real bummer sometimes

3. WHITEPOWERSURFER

WHITEPOWERSURFER Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    He knows a guy named Rodriguez.

4. Wahoowa

Wahoowa Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2009
    Balls like church bells. Send a crew of dudes like that to N. Korea and problem solved.

5. sheetglass

sheetglass Well-Known Member

May 12, 2008
  6. WHITEPOWERSURFER

WHITEPOWERSURFER Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2017
    Meth is a hell of a drug, but if you want superman strength try some PCP!

7. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    That shark isn't interested in that dude! Hope they tased his a$$

8. bokey

bokey Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Meth, not even once.

9. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    that was the coolest story iv seen in a long time,and I bet 3/4 of the people on here could not do what he did lol,kid swam over 2 miles out to sea non stop lol,i cant even run for 2 miles straight.the kid gave zero ****s and I salute him for it

10. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    [video=youtube;yZMTdbcJkFg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZMTdbcJkFg[/video]

not all heroes wear capes

11. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Fuk the popo

12. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I can't believe some poster called "white power surfer" was actually allowed to remain long enough to have 145 posts lol

antoine likes this.
  13. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Seriously ,I was thinking that very same thing! but its funny though!

La_Piedra likes this.
  14. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

La_Piedra likes this.