Swellinfo Redesign

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Swellinfo, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Thank you kind sir. Not listening to feedback was just be foolish...

DonQ and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Where's Emass when you need him, this needs to be added to the SwellInfo lexicon immediately

DonQ and DawnPatrol321 like this.

3. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    “Life is change. If you aren't growing and evolving, you're standing still, and the rest of the world is surging ahead.”

Louise Penny, Still Life

headhigh likes this.
  4. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
  5. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Urgent question! So with the old set up there was a hurricane page. I forgot what it was called. But it showed the invests and tropical storms and hurricanes. Or whatever was going on in the Atlantic. Is that still around? Going to go searching but just in case i can't find it a reply would be much appreciated.

If it's gone.... put it back

6. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    That hasn't been around for a little while. The third party software we were using, is no longer alive and supported. I hope to build a new Hurricane center sometime down the line.

7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Guest

And sometimes, people or organizations "evolve" or change themselves right out of existence. Ask a triceratops......

8. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Or surfers eAr

9. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    The surf timeline has been modified to allow for sliding with finger on mobile to view the timeline data. It has also been condensed to allow for the full 7 day outlook without having to to scroll.

A number of people brought this up as something they missed from the old site, and I agree this feature shouldn't have been lost. Hope you guys like this change.

10. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I'm pretty stoked on the new site- especially after just using it to look at the swell for the next few days and being able to clearly see when the long period swell arrives from Chris- the old site was not as easy or clear.

Thanks MR Swellinfo.

Swellinfo likes this.
  11. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    I agree- I used to love the Swellinfo hurricane center like 5yrs ago

It was basic and had all the info you needed at a glance.

If it just had maps like this- it would be extremely helpful:
    https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at3+shtml/084437.shtml?cone#contents

12. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    “Don’t go changing”
    - Herbert “papa” Muntz

13. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Just stopping in to say thanks for the millionth time for this awesome site. I'm not sure what the heck I would do at work all day without it... ha.

The real time updating/communication is really cool.

Side note... some of my old timer buddies were telling me how they don't like the new-fangled site and wish it would go back. All I had to do was point out the report/forecast tabs and they were sold.

Swellinfo likes this.
  14. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    Thanks for this feedback, this is really important! I just added a one time notice at the top of the forecast pages, notifying of the report and forecast tabs. The notice will go away once, you dismiss it (and gets cookied in your browser). I think I"ll let this run for a week or 2, for the every day users that might be confused.

Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 10.05.36 AM.png

headhigh and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  15. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    This is yuge, thanks for helping out a brutha

Swellinfo likes this.
  16. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Just took a look at my forecast page. Still not a big fan but get used to it. I just noticed that in the timeline graph at the top I don't get the swell at different times when I hover. Only the current time info is showing. This seems to be a problem only in Firefox (my preference) as it works in Chrome and MS Edge. Windows 10 btw.

The condensed timeline on mobile is a big help. Gives a quick view of the week ahead.

ForumTest likes this.
  17. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    That would be great. I can’t figure out how to look at buoys near me or current wind the old version had that info. Sorry to complain when things change sometimes it takes a while to figure it all out. Either way you guys do a great job.

18. littlerhody

littlerhody Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    So where are the buoy data here. Seems impossible to find on my cell phone. It was very easy before. please advise swellinfo..

19. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    No problems. Sorry, you are having trouble finding the buoy data on the new layouts. I've attached a couple screenshots showing the buoy data at the top of the report view, and the buoy data maps in the map section. I hope once you get acquainted with the new layout, you'll find it much easier to digest all the data on your phone.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

IMG_4312.PNG IMG_4313.PNG