Major Hurricane Florence

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Sisurfdogg, next time you hear guys talk about FPI, please tell them the locals are cutthroat, that they have been known to slash tires and smash windows.

FPI has become overrun by south Florida dudes. Very crowded.

sisurfdogg likes this.
  2. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

3. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Still no word from NICA huh? That's a bummer

Betty likes this.
  4. NICAfiend

NICAfiend Well-Known Member

May 12, 2012
    I (we) went off grid for a little bit. Instead of hanging out watching the Weather Channel to see if we could see our house float by we did a little hiking in Georgia for a couple days then made our way down to Florida. I've actually scored some pretty fun waves the past few days. I don't know how long we're going to be stuck here with the roads flooded out but if anyone has made the trek back to North Carolina from down south I'd love to hear what routes you took. I've seen photos and a couple videos from back home and it looked bad but not catastrophic. I appreciate all the well wishes from everyone! Hopefully our place hung in there. Before leaving on Thursday I took a couple of photos from the pier.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It was a surreal sight to see it pumping and not one person out.

[​IMG]
    Where we hiked. Who knew the East Coast had Utah-esque canyons?

BassMon2, DosXX, seldom seen and 9 others like this.
  5. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    glad you are OK!!
    hope all of your stuff stayed intact!!

NICAfiend, Betty, Yankkee and 2 others like this.
  6. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    I’m sure plenty of people were down there too, but St. Augustine got really good on Thursday and Friday last week. Nice people, nice town, nice waves. Had never been.

SCOB3YVILLE and Betty like this.
  7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Woooah, what up stranger!?

8. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Not much man. Just checking in after a while. This place got fancy! I tried to quote you in this reply and couldn’t even figure that out from my phone.

How ya been?

9. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Yeah it takes a minute to get use to, but it’s a little better than before for the most part. The real challenge is the multi person quote, still have challenges with that!

I’m doing good man. Surfing a lot, started a new career, and loving life! Good to see you still alive and kicking. Anything new for you since the last time you checked in?

Betty likes this.
  10. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Hey DP! One of my dudes was surfing “with” Kelly Slater this past week. Apparently Slater was in town for several days. He was sometimes using a jet ski to get pretty far offshore, or something like that, it was in South Brevard. Crazy!

Anyway, he said Slater is insanely good, pulling moves he has never seen before, and this dude has been around and is a terrific surfer.

You heard about this?

11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Hey Betty I did not hear of this but I don’t doubt it. I saw a guy checking the surf in Satellite one day recently and I did a double take because the guy looked like KS but I’m not the type to say anything or ask. I just assumed it was a look a like. Maybe it was him? Idk

12. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    7 month old son. Otherwise, same old same old. What the new career?

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Congrats on the little Bambino!!! That’s awesome bro. I’m currently studying for my insurance exam. I will be selling life and supplemental insurance hopefully starting Friday next week after I pass my exam on Thursday.

14. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Nice. Good luck. You still on the gulf coast of FL?

15. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Thanks dude. Nope, I have been living in Melbourne for the last 3 years. Love it here!

SCOB3YVILLE and Braap like this.
  16. Braap

Braap Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Update from my neck of the woods. Got a little more fooked than some and less than others. Lost ceiling in a good portion of the house and lost about 4 acres of trees sadly. Estimate of rain from local rednecks is a metric f#ck ton. Or about 45 inches. Sink holes are everywhere and i blame obama. 20180916_190139.jpg 20180918_083308.jpg

17. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Dude that suuuuucks!

18. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Nice. That is a sweet stretch of coast!

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  19. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Damn...

20. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Looks like Flo ain’t done yet. I think it’s going to move back off the NE and give us a shot of NE swell this week. Anyone seeing that?

MrBigglesworth likes this.