Surfboard Rental Question

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by PAShredMachine18, Nov 6, 2018.

1. PAShredMachine18

PAShredMachine18 Member

Dec 3, 2015
    Hey all,

I'm going to be taking a trip to Orange County in December and wasn't planning on flying there with any boards. Does anyone know of any good places to rent a shortboard for a few days? I'll be staying closest to the HB area but was planning on making trips down to places such as Trestles and up to Rincon as well. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

2. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Call around to all the shops and ask if any are demoing boards. You can score a demo for free for the week you're here. Just tell them you've lived out here for a few years and you haven't updated your drivers license

MrBigglesworth and Yankkee like this.

3. Sandbar18

Sandbar18 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
  4. oipaul

oipaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2006
    fly alaska and bring two boards for $25

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  5. PAShredMachine18

PAShredMachine18 Member

Dec 3, 2015
    This awayco seems to be what I'm looking for. Have you used this before?

6. PAShredMachine18

PAShredMachine18 Member

Dec 3, 2015
    I'll give this a try as well

7. Sandbar18

Sandbar18 Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2009
    I have and it works well. I think they give your first five days free (at least they did). Quality boards, reasonable prices, and growing locations.
    I would recommend

As for Alaska - if you fly a lot, get their credit card and boards fly free. The other way around it is asking "is there a way around this fee" every time you check a board. Sometimes the attendant will give you a credit card application with their code on it for a commission...and waive the fee. and you don't have to actually sign up for it.

SCOB3YVILLE and MrBigglesworth like this.