Thanksgiving Day Food Favorites

Discussion in 'Non Surf Related' started by DosXX, Nov 21, 2018.

1. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Notaseal likes this.
  2. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Be careful...

headhigh likes this.

3. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    That's a long time to bake shrimp, I'd mix them in later, just put some shrimp stock in to begin with.

headhigh and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  4. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    Favorite dish - stuffing. Also pecan pie (my wife puts bourbon and rum in it).

This year she dry brined the bird, and let it dry chill to get the skin crispy (it always comes out crispy, I don't know what the big deal is, just trying something new). It's going in the hot smoker at 275 degrees for abooot 4 hours, then we'll check the internal temp, and maybe finish it in the oven, maybe keep it in the smoker for a bit more. It will rest overnight in the fridge, then it gets reheated tomorrow, that way the flavors can amp up.

Lots to be thankful for! Happy Thanksgiving ya'll.

headhigh and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Going to the in-laws house where my parents will be joining us. Haven’t seen everybody in a few months. The women will cook and the men will drink, do quality checks, taste testing, and will wait to eat the main course.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
    MrBigglesworth and sisurfdogg like this.
  6. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Real men do NOT cook. Their wimen folk do that!!
    I can't believe in a site dominated by men, you are all exchanging recipes.
    Disgusting. Offensive. And........moronic!!
    Have a nice Turkey day. But before you all go, can you please describe what color your apron is?? Does it match your shirt?? And your socks as well?? Gucci aprons??

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  7. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    I made a chorizo and cornbread stuffing last year that was pretty damn delicious...

8. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Best dish at Thanksgiving: The day-after-thanksgiving sandwich.

Piled high with turkey, stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce and anything else left over. If I'm really feeling crazy I'll dump gravy all over it and eat with a fork and knife. YUM!

9. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016

10. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Hahahahhhhhh!! Archie Bunker!

Notaseal likes this.
  11. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    I actually don't dig much Thanksgiving food. I don't hate it. But i don't get excited for it either.

One Thanksgiving my family went up to PA to my grandparents. I passed because it was a few years back when Thanksgiving meant waves. So me and the wife/then gf stayed home and did our own thing. Lobster mac and cheese, stuffed mushrooms, some sort of sweet potato crusted catfish (i think it was catfish), some other stuff that im not remembering. That was the only Thanksgiving where i was actually stoked on the food. Im quite happy i married a girl who can cook. I thank her mother all the time for teaching her right.

La_Piedra and MrBigglesworth like this.
  12. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    A turkey log for you, old man!
    ...Don't forget your dentures and Metamucil.

BTW, good to have you back.
    [​IMG]

13. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Thanks. I sort of wondered the same thing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  14. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

15. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
  16. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    holy smokes that sounds delicious, I could totally get behind a meal like that

we do crab legs, scallops, asparagus with hollandaise and Cheddar Bay biscuits for Xmas, and top it off with mimosas.

yeah

17. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Shrimp, the whole thing actually, came out great. I might cut back on the butter...1/2 stick vs whole stick. It was pretty rich.

For Barry, I wore my special apron:[​IMG]