Medical Advise - Front Shoulder

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Kanman, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Huh?? Isn't this a medical topics thread??

2. Rocketjok

Rocketjok Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Hey Kanman, per your original post "Fast forward to last weekend I was pulling a suitcase out of my dads trunk and I got a sudden and severe jolt in the front off my shoulder and near the chest. It hurt ALOT"
    Did you try to clean jerk that suitcase out of the trunk or did you set your feet and use your body properly? I ask because that is how a lot of injuries occur. I popped my distal biceps tendon pulling something quick and fast. Just a note to all the young dudes out there. Work smart, not hard. Always get ready to absorb the weight of whatever you are trying to pickup, move, shove......etc.

Oh Barry, this started as a front shoulder dread but I just figured your kidney is somewhere near your shoulder cause your head is sometimes up ur ass....

3. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Aww, poor rocketjok all upset.....who cares?
    Aren't you the one that split your shoulder into 12 pieces?? What, you think it's cheaper to fix "by the dozen"?
    And btw, your wondering about my ass makes us all suspicious about your inclinations..........

4. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Hope all goes well, Barry. Take care, you old curmudgeon! The place just won't be the same without you this summer.

Yankkee likes this.
  5. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    That gave me a chuckle

And this made me chuckle harder. Witty.

Im calling it 1-1 with the advantage going to Barry for cleverness

6. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    I jerked it across my body. I could have been safer, but I’m sure my shoulder was a ticking time bomb. From all the weightlifting, calisthenics, contact sports and most recently, Krav Maga, I’ve put myself through the ringer. I actually had some slight pain in the shoulder joint leading up to it. I bet I already had a slight tear, but then that did it.

The continued surfing I did on that arm after the suitcase incident and constant subluxations I got from it, didn’t help me either. I had to get my fill in before undergoing the knife tho... Figured I couldn’t do too much worse.

Had a post op yesterday and things are looking really good. Stitches have dissolved and my arm is no longer in pain throughout the day. Being stuck in a sling for 5 weeks sucks big time! No pain no gain. Looking forward to starting rehab soon.

MrBigglesworth likes this.
  7. Rocketjok

Rocketjok Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Oh Barry, it seems the meds are already taking effect....But if you continue to talk of ass I believe we will have to get a room or a new dread. You should be fine typing with one hand.....oh yea, its your kidney not your shoulder.

But seriously, I hope you have a good surgeon and a fast recovery...
    your pal, RJ

Last edited: May 30, 2019
  8. Barry Cuda

Nov 19, 2018
    Thanks...all is well.

sisurfdogg and MrBigglesworth like this.
  9. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Kanman, McLovin & Barry best wishes for speedy recovery; I fought colorectal cancer for 2 years so you guys will be back to normal in no time, your "swellie" friends are pulling for ya :)

10. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Did you have a heart transplant between "8 clicks" and 9 clicks? Congrats the operation was a success, nice recovery .........

11. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    How you doin Kan? Into PT yet?
    Pulling for you

DawnPatrol321, Kanman and antoine like this.
  12. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Thanks broski! I'm not doing too bad. Pain is pretty much non-existent now, except for when I tweak it a little too hard doing something or I'm in a deep sleep dream and start twitching. I'm still all slinged up. I have two more weeks to go in this damn thing, but I feel like it's become a part of me. I've found remnants of food inside of it, a large spider, cob webs, sun block and all kinds of crap, etc. lol

Looking forward to the PT in a couple weeks and driving again... I actually want some pain and a challenge. In the meantime I've been making it to the beach a couple times a week and busting on the cam when there's waves. Going to continue making these snazzy little surf edits to keep me busy.

Thanks for checking in. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Your pal,

Kanman

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  13. swabby

swabby Active Member

Sep 19, 2008
    Glad to hear you're getting through the initial healing and recovery. Yeah the sling and restricted movement is definitely the worst part - you're almost through it. PT maybe discouraging at first - I was pretty upset with how much muscle strength I lost and you're basically retraining you arm starting from zero. Its a slow process but it all comes back. Have you met your therapist yet? Hopefully you scored a hottie. I had a really sweet redhead, incredibly strong and she knew her shite - made the pain enjoyable. Good luck!

Kanman, DawnPatrol321 and La_Piedra like this.
  14. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Good to hear your on the mend. Remember, pain is weakness leaving the body....

Kanman likes this.
  15. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Hey Kan,

Having sustained torn rotators, torn labrums, they're no fun & shoulders are a place that mysterious bad shiiiite happens. It's a weird wide-opn joint. The rehab is a pot best stirred carefully.
    Agree with Chavey regarding pain = weakness leaving body.....having said that, when you have shoulder pain it's oft-times something to be cautious with & oft-times not work through. Instead, dial it back until you get the surrounding areas stronger.
    Your smokin hot female PT will know the pace if she's experienced with shoulders.

I'm not an MD but I did graduate from The SI Fourumme Medical Advisement Treade :D

Best of success with it!

16. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    I appreciate the words, fellers. I’m taking it all in stride. My girlfriend is a pretty smokin nurse, so I’m covered in that department ;)

I wouldn’t want medicale’ advise from anyone other than those certified from the old ye forum treads. Y’all keep me stoked on a daily basis.

17. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Everybody jaggin' off alright?

DonQ and La_Piedra like this.
  18. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Unfortunately no my friend. I got two fingers taped together on my go-to hand. It's throwing my riddim off.

19. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Fortunately I hurt the non-flagellating arm, so I’m free to beat muh dik like it owes me money

MrBigglesworth and Yankkee like this.
  20. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery Chavez.

MrBigglesworth and La_Piedra like this.