Catch Surf

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by ECsponger, Jan 20, 2010.

1. ocripcurrent

ocripcurrent Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2008
    Just perusing around through their blog - saw this post of Phil Hudson doing a shove-it, looks like right at 48-49th st. you can see the Gateway Grand in the background. This was posted on the 11th but judging on the choice of no booties/glove/hood I KNOW this wasn't recent

Anyway, props to Phil! :D

2. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    ya, i dont think it was recent, but it is hard to say with Phile... Last year, Phil went without boots in January, and his feet were black and purple for two weeks. His thermostat doesn't appear to work like the rest of ours.

3. eshore

eshore Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    it says it is the middle of the winteri

4. phil hudson

phil hudson Well-Known Member

May 20, 2006
    i think those shots were taken in early december. i absolutely HATE wearing booties. i'd rather have my feet go numb...

here's a mild case of frostbite from last winter
    [​IMG]

anyway, keep your eyes on Catch Surf. they're doing big things for bodyboarding and surfing on both coasts

5. DaveyB

DaveyB Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2008
    ill never get y u hate booties so much dude, ur wreckless! catch surf is making moves n it shows, they got u n u kill it on stand up n boogie. phil u missed some crazy dip andy made tonight.

6. firstnamelastname

firstnamelastname Active Member

Jul 10, 2009
    Has anyone ridden any of the Catch boards (the Beater Board or any of the Hybrid boards)??? I was looking at copping one for summer slop but havent heard many reviews.

7. phil hudson

May 20, 2006
    from an older thread...

8. OCannibal

OCannibal New Member

Mar 8, 2009
    Do the lifeguards in OCMD ever say anything about the beater? I was looking into to getting one for the summer to surf when the guards are out, but I saw on the site that they don't allow anything longer than 42". I guess as long as you aren't running people over, and you keep the fin out of it, then they wont care, but it is an extra foot longer. What is the rule about standing up during lifeguard hours anyway?

9. phil hudson

May 20, 2006
    i've been doing standup boogie all over OCMD in the summer for a long time with a board that's much bigger than a normal bodyboard and i've never had a problem

10. OBlove

OBlove Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2006
    catchsurf

i saw some lifeguard dude this summer killing it with a beater while he was on duty...oh wait? never mind. i know that guy!