Possible TS Barry brewing Gulf

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Betty, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    From FlHurricane.com:

NHC increased development odds to 60% with the 2PM TWO and this could be conservative. In fact, it is now debatable whether or not 91L is already classifiable, and it would not surprise to see Advisories begin sometime late tonight - at least on a "PTC," or "Potential Tropical Cyclone" basis, assuming it hasn't already been upgraded.

This necessitates ECMWF does crank 91L up into what would likely be Barry, and potentially a high-end Tropical Storm Barry at that. Movement per this model's most recent run would be gradually and unevenly into Tampico, MX with an eventual recurvature along or just offshore of the Texas coastline before ultimately making a final landfall (of possibly several along its route - Mx/Tx/La) on Louisiana around Friday of next week.

2. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Hey Betty!

SCOB3YVILLE and Betty like this.

3. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Hey JayD!

Couldn’t resist posting this NOAA announcement. After all, it might be called Barry

4. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Morning update: Barry is showing signs of weakening, and is moving slow and erratically

5. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    thats our barry

6. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    7EB8A130-E366-4D42-B08D-BA667698F773.png Update from flhurricane.com

91L's structure gradually improved heading into the evening Sunday, and this trend has continued at a somewhat faster pace so far overnight. The low now no longer appears disorganized, but rather looks much more like a wanna-be TD again.

There are two main considerations as to 91L's future forecast track worth mentioning.

First, the exact 'center' of 91L is still a bit of a mystery. This is often the case with developing tropical systems, especially when they are not yet even in the TD state, as 91L has been. The best, albeit elongated, surface circulation remains a good bit onshore in the southwesternmost portion of the Bay of Campeche. However, the circulation just above the surface appears to have reconfigured itself further offshore during the past 24 hours, and this is also the location now officially being tracked:

Panhandler and sisurfdogg like this.
  7. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Hey, I am just seeking revenge on Mexico for sending us all them wetbacks!!

8. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Glad to see this threade
    Betty, keep up the good news. I'm officially hopped on this train
    Also glad to see you've awoken the salty one, good to have him back

9. metard

metard Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2014
    development of this system as a potential rain maker for the gulf coast is not good news. the area is already reporting high water along the mississippi.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DawnPatrol321 likes this.
  10. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Dang.

11. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    incredible images

12. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    True
    Not being insensitive, that certainly sucks and I feel for them
    But I also want some waves and can’t leave the area on a quick strike trip for a few months.
    So, I guess I’m a prick

13. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    O BARRY

eatswell and metard like this.
  14. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    The concept of this bridge has me scratching my head. Why not continue away from the bank than Bang a right into prone flood zone..?
    Oh well, that’s why I don’t build bridges I guess.

I just got this..
    TS Barry. Hahaha. Barry the transsexual.

nopantsLance likes this.