who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Perfect conditions today. Super glassy, way less current, and similar size but cleaner sets then yesterday. More guys out today (7) but its a good group and plenty of waves and peaks to around. Knew it was going to be good when you pull up and the flags show a light off-shore. Arms, shoulders, and back are feeling it but 7.5 hrs the last two days have mind set right.

Manik, mattinvb, Yankkee and 3 others like this.
  2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Some chunky ones yesterday... light onshore wind, so it was all over the place, but some fun head high peaks.

Manik, Yankkee, Kanman and 1 other person like this.

3. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Last evening was ok to fun on Delmarva. surfed a couple hours in waves that looked really fun from the beach, but felt like my surfing was off. one of those days i guess. Any more i feel like if i start getting cold, i just don't make the effort on a wave. few pics from around 6 p.m.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

goofy footer, Zeroevol, Manik and 6 others like this.
  4. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Not a bad way to roll into mid-June! Fun swell last few days. Saw all kinds of conditions. Fun Spring. Would love to see us squeeze another swell out of this pattern before the doldrums settle in...just one more!

5. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Waves? What are waves? Flat as fuk.

UnfurleD, Panhandler and La_Piedra like this.
  6. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    We got surf today and tomorrow, but it's generally been crap on this portion of the continent.

Still nursing an arm injury, trying to stay patient until the time is right.

Not yet

7. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Patience grasshopper (in my cuda voice).

La_Piedra likes this.
  8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i've surfed maybe twice in the past 5 weeks. heads up tho, waves tomorrow early

Zeroevol likes this.
  9. LazyE

LazyE Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2014
    Looked at all the spots yesterday after lowtide and the only place that had a tiny surfable wave had a ton of kids at surfcamp. Was wierd paddling out with what looked like 6 to 8 year old kids. Thought aboot going all Kenny Powers on them. Caught a few small waves before tide made it mushy. Actually was kinda fun seeing the little ones stoke. Damn I'm getting soft.

10. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    not quite sure what a German/Boriqua dialect would sound like lol

Thanks for the well wishes

nopantsLance and JayD like this.
  11. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    at least you didn't go all Wayne on them.

12. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Headed to upstate PA for Father's Day weekend with the two younger boys and my 83 year old Pop.
    We are going to hit the Eastern Nations Pow Wow, shoot some guns (not at the Pow Wow), catch some Large Mouth, and swim in remote mountain lake. Not too many people up where we are going.

13. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Sounds like a good ole time!

14. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Yeah man. The older I get, the more annoying the beach goers get in the Summer. There's enough people in PA to fill the NJ beaches and the PA Pocono mountains. You gotta go north of the Poconos.

15. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    The makings of some good family memories, Chav. Enjoy the weekend!

ChavezyChavez likes this.
  16. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Nice edit Kan, good stuff!

nopantsLance and Kanman like this.
  17. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Quick, terrible sesh after work yesterday. Left early to get on it and showed up dead high, breaking on the rocks plus super bumpy and drifty. So tired from work and paddling just to stay in place. There was a little workable peak but a couple of guys were on it, and I was less than stellar so I caught one, nearly hit the rock wall and called it.
    Heading to Cali soon for most of the summer but my pops is not doing well so I'll be lucky to get a sesh or two in. Ironically his doctor and hospital are in Oceanside and La Jolla respectively. As is life. Plus I'm not br

nopantsLance and UnfurleD like this.
  18. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Bringing the kiddo, very bummed about that.
    Had to continue my post, premature with my post button, lol.

19. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    You'll get some sessions in, most SoCal summer surfing is done before 9am

20. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Thanks brother. Something to keep me preoccupied while I have a broken wing.

Manik likes this.