New Surf Travel Site Feedback

Discussion in 'Surf Travel' started by pmanning11, Apr 20, 2019.

1. pmanning11

pmanning11 Member

Jan 30, 2011
    Hey dooods - I just made this site https://www.wavetrottersurf.com

3 main features -
    Locations - filter locations around the world to find where you should go during your time off.
    Trips - see where it's going off in the next 2 weeks and what it will cost to fly there.
    Flights - flight search with board bag fees included.

Would love some feedback if you get a chance...will throw in a free lifetime subscription to PRO for the first 10 people that give me feedback.

J54g75 likes this.
  2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Interesting site. User friendly .

3. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
    Site is a bit slow to load. Yes, I have high speed connection.

Search function only searches the locations that you have on your site? Search function just sits there blankly if you look for, say, Telo Islands or Mentawis.

Interesting, but perfunctory, info for the other sites that you do have listed.

4. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    User friendly. Like Yank said about searching other sites. I imagine that the locations will increase as the site grows. I have a trip to NZ coming. Was hoping to see a tab for Gisborne, Bay of Plenty, Bethals/Piha.
    Good info though, sure I’ll pull it up at work when I need to mental vaca- want to see about some distant spots

Yankkee and antoine like this.
  5. Wannabee

Wannabee Member

Apr 24, 2013
    That's pretty interesting. Some good info. It did load slow but seemed to work well after the initial load. I clicked on Margaret River and looked at the info there. Some pretty interesting stuff. Would be better if it also had link to current weather conditions rather than the averages for the year. I also clicked on a video that that looked good. I then clicked somewhere else on the page and the video is still playing but I can't find it to close it! It's playing somewhere in the background. I also clicked on Accomodations but there doesn't appear to be anything there. Maybe just link to some of the well known hotels or something? I'm going to be traveling there for 5 weeks and then 5 weeks in New Zealand and while this is good, I'm going to need a lot more details. Keep going, I like it so far!

6. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Why do they only cater to queerrs ?

7. Kelly_Smith

Kelly_Smith Member

Mar 19, 2020
    Hey Dude,
    Just visited your site and im gonna it is user friendly and cool interface! love it! Good job man :cool: