Dear Adnim, What's Wrong With The Forecast?

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by La_Piedra, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017
  2. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    the way i see it, and I hope I'm wrong, its a surf forecasting website without a surf forecaster on the payroll. They might fix the colors and graphs, but that won't solve the problem. Just my 2 cents.

headhigh, goofy footer and antoine like this.

3. simod5

simod5 Super Moderator

Jan 26, 2014
    nothing has been deleted. all threads on this subject have been merged into one, as will this one.

your post is here: https://www.swellinfo.com/forum/thr...ng-with-the-forecast.33624/page-9#post-530226

4. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    KDHJB likes this.
  5. simod5

simod5 Super Moderator

Jan 26, 2014
    i owe you no less.

6. nopantsLance

nopantsLance Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

7. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    You mean NOYA! SMH...

La_Piedra, KDHJB, Panhandler and 3 others like this.
  8. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    The most intriguing thing about this epoch for me has been the realization that what we’re looking at in terms of the colored bar graphs & conditions ‘predictions’ are merely a data feed from Uncle Sam.

I realize that I’m a bit slow on the uptake at times. I had zero idea that surf fucasting was merely the transliteration of data into a pictograph colorized scheme for mass consumption. I actually believed that there was someone who interpreted the data for us surfing sheeples. Y’know, making the magic happen. Wizard of Oz stuff.

Man, who knew? So, someone tweaked the data stream from NOAA & the software here at SI isn’t able to translate it anymore. Or, for the moment. Until the new guys behind the iron curtain, desperately scrambling to locate a coder, find said software geek & open up the data stream again.

I learn. Every day o_O

Kanman, LBCrew, goofy footer and 3 others like this.
  9. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Dude. My ninja.

10. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    Bom bom baauuummm
    Hoe lee fuk this just got interesting.
    No shit, this is getting better then the clinton trials.
    I was planning on checking the cams in the morning. Looks like I have something else to look forward to.
    Prease don’t let this end as gray as the ending to GoT

La_Piedra likes this.
  11. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    I have not seen your screen name long time. You really have not needed to step in since last year as we been doing well by ourselves, until now, as we didn't create this drama.
    My thread was missing, didn't know you moved/combined the posts, usually Mods note "Moved" in the past but been so long since we seen a mod could be wrong? But since you're back assuming you have a dotted line to the folks that called me tonight help us out with improved communication. I don't have an Axe to Grind, I don't work that way, maybe just too old for it, with the new ownership and loss of forecasts could have limited so much drama earlier in the week. Communication is the key to eliminating problems and leaving our egos at the door also works too.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  12. NNYNJ

NNYNJ Well-Known Member

Dec 22, 2017
    Sooooo. No cocque slap?

13. nopaw123

nopaw123 New Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Get use to lurking...this is what happens when we have a leader who doesn't believe in science. No science means need no need for NOAA buoy data. Vote in 2020.

14. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    6CCE08BA-A459-4DEC-AAE4-77082DBD4A2B.gif Crazy, all the old/new-member duudes and karen cumming out of the wood work. Supertwad cinco pops up momentarily for a sudo-herro.

Phuck a murder mystery, I’m kind of digging this chapter of Ye Old Forumme.

15. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017
    Take your kook arse to the Trump treade with this crap, sparkkye sparkles.

nopantsLance likes this.
  16. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    [​IMG]

nopantsLance, Panhandler and Yankkee like this.
  17. bubs

bubs Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Thanks for the update. No the forecast isnt always perfect but its nicely laid out as a reference and the hard data is all right there.

Hope they fix it soon the buggers.

18. nopaw123

nopaw123 New Member

Jun 21, 2019
    I ain't a kook so no need to start with the usual knee "jerk" reply as others do here. 45's nomination for NOAA previously was CEO of AccuWeather. Everything including weather data is on its way to being privatized to load the pockets of only those who run the show instead of serving the public good. The relaxing of pollution standards means we can kiss goodbye clean water and air. Resist now if you don't want the ocean to turn into a sewer infested swamp!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
    tanukisan likes this.
  19. nopaw123

nopaw123 New Member

Jun 21, 2019
    Moving onto another thread bye

20. Yankkee

Nov 8, 2017