Medical Advise - Front Shoulder

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Kanman, Feb 24, 2019.

1. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Copy that kidde that's the fkn spirit.

MrBigglesworth and La_Piedra like this.
  2. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Thanks you my naggar. You gotta come down and hit it with Heaps and I when he gets back to NJ.

seldom seen and La_Piedra like this.

3. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Fock yeah I'm down, maybe get roasted in the pine barrens too?

ChavezyChavez likes this.
  4. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Sliced my nutsack open on a low tide dumpy drainer. Board went through my legs fins up somehow. Tons of blood but the balls were still in there. Dried off, grabbed some dermabond, glued it shut. Ready for the next sess.

5. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    :eek:

Yankkee and desandan like this.
  6. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    At least we have the forume' since there are no wave forecasts....

Update on my med status: I'm 5 weeks post-op. Just got my sling off on Tuesday and have begun physical therapy, three days a week for six weeks. Feeling pretty damn good, compared to a few weeks ago. Doc says I'm looking great.

First day of PT was solid. Very limited range of motion, but I was already getting some movement back by the end of the session. Have a bunch of exercises and stretches I gotta do three times daily. Planning to be very dedicated to my rehab.

I'm basically 20% of the way through recovery. One day at a time!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  7. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Im sure it's alot easier for me to say than you, but man time is flying by. You'll be back to 100% in no time! Glad to hear your on the up swing

nopantsLance and Kanman like this.
  8. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Glad to hear your schedule is moving so quickly, maybe you'll heal up in time for the start of surfing season.

Kanman likes this.
  9. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2018
    Hardest part is about midway through your rehab your gonna want to push harder because you'll feel ready... DONT. The quality of your recovery will be much better if it’s a slower but steady increase and the lasting effects will be much better too.

These hips don’t lie.

Bahahahahaha

10. Kanman

Kanman Well-Known Member

May 5, 2014
    Thanks for that Biggs, needed to hear it from someone wiser. My PT is telling me slow and steady, but I know I’ve already been pushing the envelope just a tad. Good reminder to dial it back a couple paces.

MrBigglesworth and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  11. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    It’s good advise you have been given. Rush it and you risk a set back and further damage. Think long term brah.

MrBigglesworth and Kanman like this.
  12. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    I don't want to either start a new thread or derail this one, but here it is: I go in for a nephrectomy on 7/2. Kidney has a tumor inside killing functional tissue. I know I briefly mentioned this before, but it was originally to be done in August. But now, every time I pee, there is visible hematuria. Need to be done.
    I hope you all have a nice 4th...I will!!...you see, I am going to be stoned out of my trees on morphine for a couple of days!! Can't wait!! Just like the good ol' days of being a hippie!! Too bad I don't have a picture of me with long hair on line to post. Maybe next time....
    I will be fine..I hope!
    buh bye

13. DawnPatrol321

Mar 6, 2012
    Praying for the best possible outcome, enjoy the morphine!

14. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Bendigas, papi chulo.

See you when you get back.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  15. Betty

Betty Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2012
    Barry:
    I came onto the board today specifically see how you were doing with the kidney. And there is your post. I am rooting for you. I know you have a very loving family— let them take care of you so you heal well— don’t overdo it.

16. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Dear good ol Barry

Hope all goes well for you with your kidney. Hope you heal up quick and feel better soon!

And get in the water soon. I will save some waves for you in Belmar

Stay cool and stay in school

Your pal
    Mr belmar

17. Rocketjok

Rocketjok Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2015
    Oh Barry, as my grandfather used to say in a squeaky voice "Ones better than none". He was, of course, referring to his testes. But I think the idea still plays well here. Good luck on that shoulder!!

nopantsLance and MrBigglesworth like this.
  18. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Inner wounds take long to heal--they need the gift of time, as you point out. They will get it. Thanks for the note. Talk to you on the other side of the surgery....

19. bagus

bagus Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2014
    b cool bro and pull thru this like the rooster u r
    o barry