Dear Adnim, What's Wrong With The Forecast?

Discussion in 'Community Help' started by La_Piedra, Jun 14, 2019.

1. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    A final farewell to surfing's "Island of Misfit Toys"? Say it ain't so!
    [​IMG]

KDHJB, nopantsLance and Juan MC like this.
  2. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Done! hahahaha

Valhallalla and desandan like this.

3. Ocean

Ocean Member

Jul 5, 2019
    It never gets old... :D

4. Zippy

Zippy Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2007
    I’m loving this forecast. Since I am literally at the beach everyday and I can eyeball it, I’m loving the blackout for everyone else, be honest it’s awesome. Well it would be awesome if there were actually any waves.

5. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Most of us not confident the forecast will return so the # of clicks will drop off as will advertisers/sales. Maybe the new owners will "spin" it off, these sites don't cost as much as you would think. What we don't know monthly/yearly expenses, IT costs vs. income to start off the endeavor. You would have to start a new LLC for "swellie" investors and transfer over the Domain/server (currently Go Daddy) to the new LLC.

I have a friend who manages a web site for a local non profit that only runs less than $120 year for Domain & Server but it doesn't have a forum. I believe the forums are packages you can purchase from several software developers?

ChavezyChavez likes this.
  6. lcmatteson

lcmatteson New Member

Jul 7, 2019
    Seems that no matter the location, I am getting inaccurate data.
    Meaning I only get up to 7/2 today, and the info is generic with zero swell info, water clarity and no wind direction.
    I have been seeing this for the past few weeks, is there a glitch somewhere?

7. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Your an idiot.

There's quite a few discussions on this topic. Try doing the littlest bit of leg work (looking at current threads) and you'll get an answer.

Jesus i really hate people. How many new people have joined just to start a new thread asking this exact question. Expecting information just spoon fed to them. You don't even have to look far, it's the most active thread here. The amount of people doing this is scary. Can no one look for the answer to the question first? If your smart enough to join the forum and ask you'd think you'd be smart enough to think "hey, the forecast is broken. They are probably discussing it on the forum. Let me take a look and see if i can find an explanation".

Slight overreaction, sorry, but laziness and expecting everything handed to you on a silver platter really just grinds my gears. Can you imagine being too lazy to even check 3 or 4 thread titles?

The future is very scary with people like this all over the place

8. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
  9. Barry Cuda

Barry Cuda Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Okay, so you are new. And you managed to irk everyone. Simple solution--post pictures of your girlfriend, naked of course. But if you like men, don't bother. We don't like men. We don't even like each other; we bicker a lot. In fact, we probably won't like you, unless photos are put up. We insist--rite of passage sorta thing......

10. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Do you have a short girlfriend?

11. capecodcdog

capecodcdog Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2012
    GF,
    There are numerous open source ("free") forum software package out there, so it may not be necessary to purchase one.

A search for "free open source forum software" will bring up articles, such as "11 Best Open Source Forum Packages", etc. So from that it would be a matter of matching requirements .. of what features the forum needs, and also what the package needs to run on a host platform, etc.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw that out there. I'm still hoping the new owners and IT people can figure things out, but we shall see. I didn't have much expectations this week given that it is a holiday weekend, and many people are likely out.

Carry on dudes ..

ChavezyChavez and World B Free like this.
  12. Panhandler

Panhandler Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2015
    ^^ what kidde said, and if so
    ( . Y . ) or GTFO

La_Piedra and nopantsLance like this.
  13. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Dang man. You got me. Lesson learned, proof read and check grammar before calling someone an idiot.

He's still lazy though

14. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Dec 16, 2021
    ChavezyChavez and capecodcdog like this.
  15. Dune

Dune Well-Known Member

May 7, 2013
    Life’s been gray to me so faaaaaaaar

16. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah, what Panne said

( * )( * )

nopantsLance and Panhandler like this.
  17. KDHJB

KDHJB Active Member