oregon or texas?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by cepriano, Jul 10, 2019.

1. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    I been wanting to go to that bsr surf place in Waco.yea gay I know....anyway sent those bitches emails,called a week straight,can never get a hold of.already figured out plane ticket,car rental,other shit to do while in texas.just got no where,dont know if im supposed to make reservations or just show up and hope an hours open?doesnt make sense to me.

so then my coworker telling me about flipping out on his daughter cause she went surfing alone,she lives in Oregon.they get some legit waves out there lol.plus legal weed,plenty of forests and mountains to explore.hes going in September and was thinking about tagging along.

the wavepool would've been cool.oregon kinda scares me,thats the pacific nw,thats some serious ocean.he even told me last time he was there the waves were breaking like a 1/4 mile out which is typical and the size of the building we were working on,like 2 -3 stories.im not looking for nothing crazy lol,3-7 ft is ideal for me.the videos hes shown me of his daughter,she got bigger balls then me,definitly a really good surfer.so I been leaning towards Oregon.any thoughts on either area would be appreciated.i was planning on going to texas this month but fukers don't want to respond

World B Free likes this.
  2. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    I can’t believe this is even a question. Of course you should go to Oregon vs Texas. You’ll find a wave in your wheel house I’m sure. Do some research of the area. F a wave pool.

Burner22 and Kyle like this.

3. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    The most popular surfing beach near Portland is Oswald West State Beach, aka Short Sands or "Shorties". It is a summer break which takes south swells and North winds, both of which are in plentiful supply in summer.

The paddles here are not as long and brutal at a lot of spots in Oregon. Personally, the walk is kinda brutal because it's like a half mile walk through the forest. But the forest is also probably the biggest charm too. Old growth shit. Beach is a small protected cove with a crescent of sand and rock with the usual huge logs strewn about. Honestly, even without surf, it's probably worth a trip.

good friend with Waco experience really enjoyed his sessions there and wants a repeat. Guaranteed waves, both quality and count.

You can always schedule a wave pool. Oregon is an experience.

4. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    BTW good to have you back Ceppy

5. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
    Surf or no surf, it's Oregon without a doubt.
    I've visited and lived in Texas - the northern and eastern part of the state - as well as the Seattle-Puget Sound area. My sister and my oldest son live in Seattle. He's gone surfing a couple times off Westport and mentioned the long paddles out.
    Despite the seasonally wet weather, I found the PNW with the mountains, evergreen forests, the clean water, fresh air, great sea food, and active outdoor vibe an invigorating place to live and visit.

6. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Dos, gimme a shout next time you're out here and plan to surf, I'd like to at least crack a brew or 2 out here with you.

DawnPatrol321 and DosXX like this.
  7. BassMon2

BassMon2 Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2015
    Im pretty anti wave pool, but i almost went to Texas too. Wifey wanted to go to some areas around Waco. She is the one who asked about the wave pool, knowing i wouldn't be interested unless i could surf. Did a bit of research and actually got half way excited about going. If im remembering correctly you can only reserve a spot in person. Could be wrong.

Anyway, if i had to choose it'd be Oregon. Never been but the PNW seems like a real adventure. Real and raw. I really would like to go there. Both have benefits and drawbacks. You'll have a good tone no matter where you go. Keep up in the loop cep!

cepriano and DosXX like this.
  8. Scbe

Scbe Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2011
    No choice; it is OR. A great LB wave near Seaside. If I had to go to TX, it would be for tanker surfing not a wave pool.

DosXX and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  9. DosXX

DosXX Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2013
  10. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    def gotta go to Oregon n check out the seals -wig out special i'm sure. whoever that dude that was the firefighter i believe was from oregon. i would've looked him up and PM'd him if i was going. i'm sure somebody knows who i'm talking, can't think of his avatar name

11. DawnPatrol321

DawnPatrol321 Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Trevolution.

UnfurleD likes this.
  12. Kyle

Kyle Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2011
    Dated a girl in college that moved out to Oregon after we graduated. I flew out every once in awhile to hang out with her. Dude, def go to Oregon. I was amazed at the quality of surf. I hated putting on the rubber, but there are waves aplenty up there and never a crowd. The dudes here aren't steering you wrong. Plus, factor in the legal weed and amazing hiking trails and it's an easy call bruhder.

cepriano and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  13. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
  14. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Im not too sure about either of those spots. I mean the quality and also the possibility of getting skunked at either spot is a real factor.

Have you considered booking a trip to BELMAR? you cant really get any better consistency, size and quantity. Plus the water is always warm (thanks to the labradors) and they have shark nets.

Your pal
    Mr Belmar

cepriano and La_Piedra like this.
  15. Valhallalla

Valhallalla Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

La_Piedra, cepriano and DosXX like this.
  16. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Definately Belmar.

17. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    yea looks like Oregon.my buddy called his daughter and made the plans.i got ppl to stay with but don't now if their down for my crazy adventures cause i want to climb mountains and explore the forests and stuff.

DosXX and DawnPatrol321 like this.
  18. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Right on dude, give us a full report