who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Got some solid size for the first time all summer the past two days... but not in NJ. Chest to head high sets, although conditions were not very good. Still... got some fun ones while on leave, which is always a good thing. Rented a 6'0 CI Pod... which was a little undervolumed for me considering the bouncy, textured conditions. Would have been a great board if the wind was offshore... but it was moderate onshore/sideshore, so I would say it was the right board for the day.

Flying home manana.

NNYNJ, Rob Gnarley and antoine like this.
  2. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Fun chest high long period swell hitting up here the past 2 days with offshore conditions. Feels so nice to carve some turns after a long summer's nap. Looking forward to the Fall.

Rob Gnarley and antoine like this.

3. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Scored some fun uncrowded waves today. It was a bit inconsistent so I took out a longboard to chase the sets. 20190810_073159.jpg 20190810_085818.jpg 20190810_085859.jpg

sigmund likes this.
  4. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Dude that looks fun

5. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    No wetsuit? I must be a puss....

6. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I think Assateague has been getting upwelling that OC hasnt been. trunked it in Town three times this week, felt like mid 70s M

7. Rob Gnarley

Rob Gnarley Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Hell yea it was fun. Just trying to post an objective report. 15 minute wait between sets. Locked into some fun ones. You can cover some distance sprint paddling on a longboard

antoine likes this.
  8. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Town does feel warmer. Hung with wifey on beach and didnt wear suit for BB session late Fri.

9. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Headed north of town for some early morning waves. Fun little peelers, perfect longboard waves. The water is still chilly for August but I bothered with the suite this time so it was all good.

antoine likes this.
  10. waterbaby

waterbaby Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Dense fog all day here in nor cal. Paddled out to discover sloshy chest-high waves. My performance was sketchy due to several factors (including surfing a 6 ft soft top because that's all my thrashed knee can handle), but still got some long high-tide cruisers and a couple of snaps. I also haven't been surfing much due to living significantly inland, but I recently moved blocks from the beach, so will be in the water way more.

11. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    That sounds excellent to me! the future looks good for you my man.

12. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Heading to the ferry in a few minutes on a trip to Nags Head for a couple of contests over the next few days. Pray for surf because the forecast looks really dismal. Lake Atlantic.

13. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    You may see some weak waist high waves in town tomorrow and beyond...south should have a rideable wave with this weak SE swell “picking up”.

14. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Yeah buxton gets something rideable nobody even knows about most days if you hang around for the incoming tide.

JayD likes this.
  15. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What's happening?
    Got a bunch long board waves yesterday morning. Size and shape was better than expected but nothing spectacular. Lost my board into a tide pool of boulders And someone took my slippers off the path.
    Had to hike out bare foot which was kind of a drag.
    But hey at least I got waves. Strikes and gutters.

UnfurleD likes this.
  16. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Bummer on the slippers...did you ding up your board?

17. waterbaby

Oct 1, 2012
    Yesterday, fog miraculously disappeared at about 10am...gorgeous. Incoming tide was waist high & clean...but swamped out within a hour of paddling out. Outgoing tide was even zippier...so summer-fun, surfed until I couldn't pop-up worth a shit (about 5 hrs).

Sitting here, hoping it does the same as yesterday. Probably won't, but waves & wind are looking good, so looks like possible fog sesh.

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Thigh to waist high onshorey junk on the log today. Still fun. Water is warm and thick with salps.

19. waterbaby

Oct 1, 2012
    Today was even better than yesterday. Sun only peaked through fog for about 30 min, but the waves were chest high and clean...hardly anyone out! (so expensive here, most people have to work full-time...always gets crowded as hell after 5 pm & weekends). Cant believe I'm even considering paddling out tomorrow...4 days in a row is usually my max (when I feel like I've been hit by a bus), but tomorrow will be 5.

UnfurleD and antoine like this.
  20. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    yes it is and yes it was. bunch of minor scrapes and bruises. easy fixes.