Swellinfo Forecast is Dead. MSW is owned by Surflie.. Who's left? Everyone Else...

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by davedales56, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Yankkee

Yankkee Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2017

Micah Sklut hasn't owned SI for years, podner. Your outrage is strangely placed.

Koki Barrels likes this.
  2. EASYCOASTER

EASYCOASTER Member

Jul 8, 2019
    Micah created and customized the system, then sold the system. The system was designed by an east coast surfer. So what I wrote is accurate.

next.

3. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    Then he bailed and now the fucaste has become gray matter.

4. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Fun fact, before Swellinfo there was this...his forecasts were really good because he was just forecasting for Delmarva, and it wasnt automated like Swellinfo...it was an actual daily custom surf forecast in narrative form. Back around 2000-2002 this was the place to be if you surfed on Delmarva.
    micah.jpg

5. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Remember the assateague meet up for that group?

rodndtube likes this.
  6. Carolina Carver

Carolina Carver Member

Sep 19, 2011
    In my experience, Magic Sea Weed has been the most accurate. Last summer when I went to Buffalo, it predicted a 2-foot swell on Lake Erie 4 days in advance and it was spot on! No other app predicted it correctly.

7. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    That was Delsurf.com that had the forum get-togethers. Micah had nothing to do with Del Surf. This was DelawareSurf.com that Micah ran.

8. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    Remember the old Malibus forum? I still miss that. Every crusty OCMD local was on it, and some of the threads were pure gold. The moderator, Chris V, was a seriously good local surfer who was out on every swell, so there was no hiding behind a keyboard for him!

9. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Oh yeah remember that well.

10. dbiz135

dbiz135 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2007
    sad....im bummed.....

11. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    So, what happened to the Delsurf, Delawaresurf and Malibus sites and forums?

Why did they "die"?

12. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    Pretty much the same as here....
    Good 10 year+ run, started out with 50 or more regular posters so if something was going on, people were actively chatting about it. There was a daily surf report/forecast on each one that eventually wasn't being updated. Dwindled down to the same couple dozen old heads talking about the same things, and the younger surfers who might keep things interesting were just using IG so never any fresh blood. Got stale.

La_Piedra likes this.
  13. surfside

surfside Member

Dec 16, 2012
    Who's up for a class action lawsuit? I paid for this app. Why the hell can't they fix this?

14. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    You paid for this??? I don't pay for anything except for bookers and drugs.

15. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    This is the only wave forecasting tool you should ever need. Learn how to use it.

Capture.JPG

16. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Micah was the man!
    What up, homies?

17. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Like a Raisin in the sun I'm afraid. We all have our moment to shine . Im gonna go paddle out in 8 ft wind chop!

Koki Barrels likes this.
  18. cepriano

cepriano Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2012
    its crazy,decided to come on swellinfo today and see if the forecast ever changed.first thing I see is "the most accurate forecasts" and click it and its stuck in june lol.wtf.plenty of bots to inflict infractions on the guests but cant fix the damn site.

I been using magicseaweed and just been going to the beach when I think its going to be good.surfline sucks,all the cams u need a premium account.the whole professional surfism thing took a turn for the worst with the wsl,cant watch contests unless u register with them.cant check surf cams unless u pay surfline.everybody wants money for unreliable intel

DonQ likes this.
  19. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    I guess it’s been awhile for you CEP?
    . Get a noaa radio and get it when you can.

antoine likes this.