Outages Sept 1-2, 2019

Discussion in 'Swellinfo Announcements' started by Admin-Glen, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Admin-Glen

Admin-Glen Administrator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2016
    Good day, Forum Members! For any of you that noticed a couple of outages with the site over the weekend, these were related to a hardware problem with the service provider that provides the server space for Swellinfo.com. Our developer team escalated the issue, and the issue appears to have been resolved as of about 4am Eastern time yesterday morning. Our team will continue to monitor and hopefully see no further outages related to this.

Have a great day!

2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Dear bff (glen) Thanks dude we are having a good time here in florida. looks like we aint getting the hurricane as promised. Thats all for now, your bff in florida(antoine)

3. justinwright

justinwright New Member

Jun 19, 2019
    The site has not worked for about 4 months for the east coast of FL? Is the web-site planning on fixing the issues?

mvonachen and ttack99 like this.
  4. justinwright

justinwright New Member

Jun 19, 2019
    The website has not worked for about 4 months for the east coast of Florida? Is a fix in the works?

mvonachen and ttack99 like this.
  5. SandAss

SandAss Active Member

Jul 9, 2019
    I didn't notice.

6. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    '''Notice what? What happened

7. jon.curtis.940

jon.curtis.940 Member

Apr 3, 2015

Glenn,

The gulf coast region hasn’t had a surf report in months. Also Costa Rica hasn’t either. Not sure of who has any data coming through.

hames213 and mvonachen like this.
  8. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Is this correct? My spots are receiving everything. All reports look good

9. ttack99

ttack99 New Member

Aug 28, 2019
    Yeah, I'd love to hear if this is getting worked on. I used to use this site a lot, but for everyone in Florida, it's essentially useless. Is this something that will be getting fixed?

jon.curtis.940 likes this.
  10. Admin-Glen

Feb 5, 2016
    It's still being worked on, thanks for all your patience.

Glen

Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    IslandBreeze and Wavestrom like this.
  11. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Sort of like how top men were working on the Ark at the end of Raiders?

12. mvonachen

mvonachen New Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Northeast hasn't been working, it's great to hear that your trying to fix the problem

Wavestrom likes this.
  13. kpat4950

kpat4950 New Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Hi Glen, there has been an outage for the entire east coast of Florida for months now. I know I speak for everyone when I say it has been extremely frustrating because you guys have always been the most accurate report for us. Please make this a priority. Thanks

ttack99 and hames213 like this.
  14. hames213

hames213 New Member

Sep 2, 2018
    Hey Glenn we haven’t had a forecast in months here in Florida is there a plan to fix this? You guys were the most accurate here in FL and I would love to rely on you guys again
    please reply
    -Rick

ttack99 likes this.
  15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey Rick,, Im Glens new bff .
    He won't say it but i will.
    Truly you should realize theres more threads on this forum with helpful information that will ease your mind about these here issues.

Secondly. there is no surf here in florida .
    Do you surf? I mean anything but the web?
    do you have pics of your wife or girlfriend you can post up here ?
    Have you ever been to Belmar New Jersey? its 23 ft and clean 364 days a year( they close 1 day a year for elvis presley day).

Anyway thanks for posting up. Hope this helps

KDHJB likes this.
  16. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    They actually changed it to Elvis Costello day because they found out Elvis Presley was raciss.

KDHJB, Notaseal and antoine like this.
  17. Admin-Glen

Feb 5, 2016
    Hey Rick,

The techs are working on the issue, it seems that the fix is harder than expected. Unfortunately, there is no update as of yet. Fingers crossed!

~Glen

18. JayD

JayD Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2012
    If you guys can get the forecast back with the same algorithm as before, you will win. If you can’t, you made a bad investment.

Fingers crossed? Can you give us a real update? Do you actually think it is coming along or is it a start over and ‘we can’t figure it out’ kind of thing?

How about a real update on reality...

ttack99 and antoine like this.
  19. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    For some reason, the forecast graph spools over from 6/27 to 7/3 over and over again, like like some sad twisted surfing version of "Groundhog Day".

I think the biggest part of the problem lies in correcting that little gremlin

antoine likes this.
  20. Ralphie

Ralphie New Member

Jul 29, 2019
    Me thinks this all BS.......Hasn't worked in months on LI.....no direction, no updates NADA.....Me thinks Glen is a fictitious character...I mean, what rocket scientists did swelling hire to fix this??

jon.curtis.940 likes this.