What happened to Swell Info ?? whats the future?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Surfmdoc, Nov 12, 2019.

1. Surfmdoc

Surfmdoc Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Many months ago the forecast page seemed to be abandoned ? i would keep checking for months then gave up . I dont know why its been many more months since I checked and Wella its Back ? what is going on ? What happened ? Puzzled .

2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    we had our faith in your anticipated return

Notaseal likes this.

3. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    is this a dream!?! that's good cuz i can't login to MoStoke anymore, and ppl need to hear me out gahdammitt

antoine and Notaseal like this.
  4. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Preach my brother... Preach

5. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    still a bit of a dream. daydream. they got us at 83 water temp and to wear trunks

6. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    .... WAIT>>> what???

Could it be??

Did they actually fix it?? seriously??

desandan likes this.
  7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    We'll see how accurate (or not) it is...

8. mattinvb

mattinvb Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2014
    looks like it! my local fucast is tracking with surflie and windy...ho lee fuk

9. mbsurfer198

mbsurfer198 New Member

May 26, 2008
    Looks like some of the swell models are still not updated. BUT the current forecast for winds, swell direction, swell height, and swell period all match the Windy forecast for my local break. We'll see if this lasts longer than a week. I'm too scared to celebrate quite yet..

10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Hopefully it will be better than Windy... or why wouldn't we just use Windy?

The old SI forecasts were the best you could get... at least for us here in MoCo.

Mr.Belmar likes this.
  11. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    To late...I shot my load. Now I have to apologize to Glenn!!! I think I got some on his chest!!!! Sorry Glen

12. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    West coast forecasts from Washington to California are completely off, not even close. But I'm rooting for you, so keep trying prease.

Carson likes this.
  13. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
  14. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    the PR forecast is not accurate but hey its a start. Mid Atlantic looks accurate

15. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    IDK...Mid Atlantic forecasts looks off to me. SI forecast for all Maryland, Delaware and Jersey locations next tuesday 11/19 is ankle to knee when every other forecast site is showing a fairly major storm offshore with stomach to shoulder high swell Tuesday.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    desandan likes this.
  16. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    Windy.com = 5 feet at 9 seconds next Tuesday Morning, SI = 1 foot @ 6 seconds. Pretty major difference, and I cant see how its one foot Tuesday morning with a big slow moving storm moving off Monday....

SI.png

17. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    Also, the SI screen grab above shows buoy 44091 (Barnegat Buoy) is reading 4.9 @ 10 seconds "current conditions"

According to the NDBC, buoy 44091 is currently reading 2 @13 seconds...Somethings jacked up.

18. Surfmdoc

Surfmdoc Member

Dec 4, 2012
    So far the past week the Maryland , de ,va forecasts and Charts have been updated and match other sites .
    Hopefully their past disappearance of charting has disappeared .

19. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Surf here is currently 7' @ 13 secs out of the WNW. Wind is 7-10 knots out of the SE, water temp is 51.

SI is showing my area's current conditions as:

light rain with wind from the SSE at 8 knots. This has remained accurate since the forecast originally died.

The buoy data from 46211 (correct) shows 5.6' @ 10 secs (not correct), and does not match with the forecast chart which currently shows 1.5' @ 5 secs out of the SW (not correct).

The tide data is somewhat off, but is close enough. I suspect that the tide data is re-looping the same data that it's been giving since the forecast crashed back in June.

Ocean water temp shows 62 degrees, which has remained unchanged since the issues began.

The actual forecast chart itself shows a very irregular swell pattern for the West Coast, with extremely small swell and equally short intervals. Something definitely wrong here.

I don't remember how to take a snap shot of my screen. But if someone else here can provide one, I'm betting that everyone's forecasts may be almost identical to the SI forecast for the Delmarva.

but hey, it's a start and we're getting closer. Thanks for not giving up Glen, 'A' for effort.

Mitchell likes this.
  20. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    La_Piedra the Delmarva forecast is still all jacked up. For one, it hasn't updated in two days. Were getting the same forecast today as there was yesterday. Also the first two days of the surf graph are gray...its sunday and the graph still includes Friday and Saturday. SI6pm.png