who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Man reading your guys stories about this swell and wave counts made me feel better bout myself and my wave counts.

Mr.Belmar likes this.
  2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    i ran out for a lil bit in the middle of the afternoon. Hoping the incoming tide would build up, but i went out early in case wind shuffled some things up. Took the LB for safe measure and to the otherside of the pier away from the groupies, also for safe measure. Caught thi hi's that came in in sets, rights n lefts attainable. Created some silky smooth lines. had the 4/3 but no booties or gloves, which was manageable in the sun

Peajay4060 likes this.

3. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Fun little clean peelers yesterday during the bottom half of the incoming tide. Waist to chest high south swell, with light offshores. Slid a few on the log. Nobody out.

Peajay4060 likes this.
  4. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Howling offshore winds in RI made for a lot of paddling and a lot of blown take-offs, still good to get out there.

Hoping to catch the same swell north of the city with the same wind issues tomorrow.

Peajay4060 and antoine like this.
  5. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    It was in fact worse north of the city today and colder but hey, that's what at the pie was for yesterday, to fuel up to stay warm. Went to one place, more than a few people out in spite of the subpar conditions. Drove by a second place on the way home which looked so much better but I was not going to change out the 38˚ air with 20mph winds twice.

Saw a guy out with no hood. Total madness. I think I got bony growths in my ear just looking at him.

Peajay4060 likes this.
  6. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Fun bump yesterday morning. Got a couple of hours in down the street from my house.

Peajay4060 likes this.
  7. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  8. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Tuesday was one of the best days in the last couple of months on Delmarva.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Our tuesday was borderline blizzard conditions. Big surf though.

10. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Those blizzards that push off New England are gold for us. That big NE wind fetch up by Cape Cod that is pounding you all is pushing swell southward, but down here south of the bottom side of the storm, the winds are usually NW / offshore / sunny. STOKED!

Peajay4060 and LBCrew like this.
  11. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    We also have had solid hh surf over thanksgiving. Warm water sunny daze.

12. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Yep. Initially the storm was looking to track offshore enough that we'd get some good stuff without the nasty weather - offshore NE winds in Maine on Monday, then offshore here in NH as winds rotated NW on Tues. I was drooling all week. Then track shifted, and 2 feet of snow later, I got nothing. Although the dedicated got the goods on Tues -> https://www.instagram.com/p/B5p_By1H5E4/ (he reportedly made the drop)

13. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Used to take a trip down to the barrier islands of Delmarva (the va part) every year and camp/fish/surf. So many classic days exactly as you described.

antoine and Mitchell like this.
  14. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Got to get myself wet yesterday evening. We have some swell pushing thru this week. Got the 7'2 Hog Molly Board fixed finally, so been using and abusing it. Washout yesterday, north of the pier this morning. def sore, but the booties are doing their job. good times, no sign of fish in sight surprisingly

Peajay4060 likes this.
  15. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Paddled out at the bottom of the tide , the buoys were 10.5 ft at 10.8 sec . Dredging rights with a few gems but overall a low wave ratio session

ukelelesurf, desandan and Peajay4060 like this.
  16. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What's happening? Dude hasn't been surfing in weeks. Again.
    But I got wet this week. and for the first time since before Sandy, This dude paddled out in New Friggin Jersey. Yo. All barreling rights in a power hour before dark. Got my but kicked a bit. The drops were steep.

Had an easier time closer to home today. Chest high and glassy breaking fast with an easier drop. Snowing in the morning but sunny and rather pleasant in the afternoon. surfed until I couldn't. Already hating the gloves.

Story of my life lately.

antoine, LBCrew and desandan like this.
  17. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Has not been that great around here the last few weeks. Some ok swells but either the wind doesn't cooperate or its all closeouts when it does it seems. Sunday is looking very promising for both wind and swell direction, got the itch.

antoine and LBCrew like this.
  18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Missed it yesterday, and it looked super fun. Kinda bummed about that.

Got it Tuesday, though... and yea, tricky stuff... but thick, thumping barrels. Got one good one. Surfed pretty conservatively and pulled out of another one that would have either been my wave of the day, or new experience in pain.

antoine and desandan like this.
  19. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  20. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Puddle Jumper? Nic pic