who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah, sick shot.

Who takes your pix, Curl?

2. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    photo by T Torcia , number 2 son

3. NJsurfer30

NJsurfer30 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2016
    To answer the treade title: not me. Haven’t posted on here in forever either. But I had to come back and find this quote:

because, ummm, actually we did. So I can now fully endorse this shameless plug. If anyone else is looking to buy or sell in the Boston area, get in touch with this guy.

Bought a house yesterday on a hill overlooking Nantasket beach, and couldn’t be more stoked about the process and the outcome. Gonna be moving in early next week and then the ocean will be the first thing I see when I open my eyes every day. In other words, it certainly seems like our decision to move up here last winter is paying off (Though I do miss the surf in jersey at times). This afternoon looks promising for waves, so hopefully will report back here tomorrow more in the propere spirit of the tread.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2019
  4. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Congratulations Sir!
    Swellinfo Christmas party at your house?

antoine likes this.
  5. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Hey Curl,
    Was that on Tuesday?

6. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    That's awesome, welcome to the region. Today looked great but couldn't get out there. I'm sure the former SI kook from the south shore would have described it as being DOH.

7. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Surfed a spot tucked away from the wind this morning. Couple of local notables in the water filming. Ton of current and a lot of work for a little reward. Only had one real good ride the rest were duds. Wore my 5mil for the first time but was wishing I was in my 4/3. Was hot and paddling in a 5mil sucks more and more the older I get.

Peajay4060 and desandan like this.
  8. Wavestrom

Jul 5, 2014
    Went north of the city today and man, I wish I went yesterday. So much wind, although at least it was offshore I guess? Just a chilly time with occasionally outsized sets but whatever, it's surfing so I had fun.

Peajay4060 likes this.
  9. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Did a lot of surfing this weekend. So enjoyable to still be in trunk and a rashy.
    Off shore all weekend with a waist high consistent wave. Surfed near a spot where they had sky divers constantly landing on the beach in Santa suites no less. The thing about offshore winds is all the delicious smells wafting to the break makes you hungry. IMG-20191214-WA0021.jpg IMG-20191214-WA0021.jpg IMG-20191214-WA0020.jpg IMG-20191214-WA0019.jpg IMG-20191214-WA0018.jpg IMG-20191214-WA0017.jpg IMG-20191214-WA0016.jpg IMG-20191214-WA0012.jpg

10. Wavestrom

Jul 5, 2014
    Today was def. my last session in my 3m boots. Type to deploy the 5mm Xcels for the rest of the winter.

desandan and antoine like this.
  11. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Grrrrr! i don't know how you guys do it... I know why though!

12. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    PJ , last weekend , think that was Sun.

13. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Number 2 son paddles out last week in flatness to film the sun coming up . Its less than a foot and he is filming with his go pro as he is stroking down the beach . He catches a rouge set , drops it and in clear crystal water its gone . Yesterday a buddys gal finds it in Monmouth Beach which is 6 miles from where we live .

Peajay4060 and antoine like this.
  14. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    had a business trip all last week, flight delayed on way back - stuck in ATL. waves were coming thru but it was raining. i had a half day of errands to run back in town before i got back to the house. I had to time my session perfectly - i work in logistics, so it'd be a fail if i didn't. rain let off for 2 hrs, maybe less, and i got in it for that late afternoon sess. Immediately took a rip to the dome, put on wetsuite, grabbed board and got into my "shining hour of enlightment". Caught a buncha rides carving in and out close by the pier, all to chest to head hi. was a buncha surf shop guys around, and talked to the one of the owners on the way out - he was frothing like i was. That was the best of the best of the wknd, saturday and sunday sessions were smaller but still sumtin. It was good to be back; Mississippi is what i remember it as

Peajay4060, antoine and desandan like this.
  15. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    winds again kinda sucked but at least there were a few gems yesterday (NJ). Took some beatings trying to get a line set with the wind holding the drop until the critical stage. The good was that when you made the drop there was some of the widest shacks i have had in sometime. Had to spot check yesterday too, some spots were deep and mushy and others were shallow af with awsome tubes.

16. NotAMasshole

NotAMasshole Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016

Thanks bud! We are happy to have you and it was a pleasure working with you guys. Nothing beats seeing the wave from your house!!

17. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    Nice stories dudes! Wish I had one to offer. Could use a wave.
    Curl, I was there Tuesday. I like that place.
    And it looks like work might keep this dude around the area more in the future.

18. Peajay4060

Nov 14, 2011
    1,000,000 views. Far out. Wish I had a story but it is very flat here.
    But I think back to the 1st story I posted. Small clean day. Very cold. Long board waves. Cool to be able to go back and see what I was doing back then. I started this thread on my dad's birthday. He was here then. Gone now.

Back before I knew who Prank was or where Chiba City is. Then we surfed together when she came up with World B. Had a blast in tiny wind swell. Surfed a session with Slash dog where we were both bullshitting in the impact zone then got cleaned up good. Been in a bunch with Bassmon. We had a good spot pretty much to ourselves for almost a year. How many times did I pull up and he was already out I can't tell you. Dude is a way early riser. Good surfer too.

Never surfed with Betty but she is in all our heads. Her stories put smiles on my face.
    The rest of you all are good dudes and put together a good read. Not naming everyone cuase I'll leave someone out. You all are part of this.

Not many of us left here. Some are missed. I consider All Yous dudes that stuck around pals. I'd belly up to the bar with all of yous and sharing waves would be all time. I'm here till they turn up the lights.

Drink one while you read this.

Here's to the surfers.

19. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I love this thread the most, its what brought me here.

Ive surfed with betty and a few others from this place so Im lucky.

I mis talk story but this place has been good to me and I've learned a little about myself.

Glass raised in honor of all you dudes and one for your dad peejay!

World B Free likes this.
  20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Cheers, brothers... and sister!

Notaseal and Kanman like this.