Dear Santa,

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Nov 25, 2019.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    He'll have to settle for the Hawaii of the East. Poor boy... lol

I didn't take my first trip to PR until I graduated high school. And we totally roughed it... but scored waves and memories to last a lifetime.

antoine likes this.
  2. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    I haven't been there since 1997 and we roughed it back then. Looking at the available accommodations now and searching Google maps its amazing how much the place has changed. Don't think we will be cutting through many cow pastures to get to breaks these days.

3. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I was there in the mid 80s. I remember camping there was like camping in a jungle in the middle of nowhere. There were people... and there was Maria's. But you could pretty much pick your spot to camp anywhere from the Lighthouse south and nobody would hassle you. There was always a bunch of holdover hippies from the 60s and 70s sleeping in their cars... surf bums, literally. It sure has changed since then.

desandan likes this.
  4. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Trades tend to go lighter too so that opens that whole north coast up which gets heavy. But that coast should definitely provide plenty of rideable swell if the other spots end up flat.

5. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    My recollection of Puerto Rico is that is it a regular foot's dream with tons of great right handers. I don't recall many good lefts particularly the barrelling kind my goofy footed son wants. I've seen video of Survival beach looking like Pipe but I think that's pretty rare.

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    There's a great left at Los Tubos.

desandan likes this.
  7. desandan

desandan Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2013
    Theres spots for sure that have good lefts, definitely more rights overall but I've had plenty of lefts on the island

8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    yea, limited lefts. on the north end, and even a little bit to the east-North end

9. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Limited lefts for sure. But get him on a good one at Wilderness. That wave is made for backside hacks.

It was my 1st trip as a young goofy PJ.
    Felt like Occy at Bells. Thankfully there are no photos.

10. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  11. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Merry Christmas

Attached Files:

antoine and Notaseal like this.
  12. Koki Barrels

Koki Barrels Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2008
    The fastest whip on the block & a fourloco

13. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Merry Christmas. Got a new world class forrumme for the holiday. Mad toddies and no moderation. No stoke to Mostoke!

get on it dwellers

Notaseal likes this.
  14. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Good luck Scobes, check in once in a while and share a few stories with us.