who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    Best thread ever. Way to go PJ.

antoine likes this.
  2. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Thanks dudes!

antoine likes this.

3. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Happy Holiday to you guys.
    Headed to cocoa beach for surfing santas on the 24th! its a great family oriented surfing atmosphere with lots of drink and good food.

Its a cool community of surfers who get together to celebrate a good cause and a great time for everyone.

This is the first year where the swell will be good with offshore and wave prediction is stomach to chest high!

I hope you all get what you need! Ill post up pics after the event!

Notaseal likes this.
  4. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    No surf today but one year ago today was a really good day.

JOB

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My oldest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My youngest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gravy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
    sigmund and Notaseal like this.
  5. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Found some micro waves this afternoon. Pretty fun on a longboard.

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Nice day for the Brian Sweeney paddle out, too. Thanks Sweeney...

antoine likes this.
  7. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Had a great time at surfing santa, Arrived around 9 with 10 to 15 mph offshore but the swell pushed through and offered up some fun rides. stomach high and fairly lined up so longboard was the call for most, especially in christmas attire.

Cloudy most of the day but the music and good times overcame that without a problem. It was good to reunite with some locals and meet new folks as well.

desandan and Notaseal like this.
  8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    saturday was nice, had to do it twice. morning sess at the washout into hi tide. Took out the LB and the NSP. small south drift, but not too crowded. about waist hi, inconsistent, long drawn out sets. wasn't pretty, but it got me feeling right. late call from a buddy for an evening sess down the street by the pier. angle was hitting better and size stayed the same right after lo tide. took out the longer fish board aka Hog Molly and rode bout it til dark. sunday didn't materialize as well, but was content with Saturday's warm weather n the low's swell input. good times

desandan likes this.
  9. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Polar bear plunge. My kids paddled out and grabbed some waves.......in trunks. Air 42 and water 46.

81790935_10212330523897017_7754044268691324928_o.jpg

Wavestrom, sigmund and desandan like this.
  10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Like my old man used to say... no sense, no feeling.

11. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Impressive !

12. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  13. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    My daughter said she was so cold that she was numb before she even hit the water so the water didn't feel so bad. Perhaps also a factor as the water was warmer than the air.

14. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    had a pop up of swell on Saturday from waist to chest. usually the perfect medium for me to reign terror on mother ocean. went out the morning and the evening at the washout. bit of a nothernly drift which is rare. haven't seen the washout that packed (in the morning) in a long time, probably that crowded two other times that i can recall. luckily no snakes or dings incurred. gotta a screaming 70 yd dash to the right, got tunnel vision twice en route. was a good morning and it panned out for an evening session with more texture, same size. sunset was an orangey awesome too. took out the 6'9 greg loehr both sessions, the right board for that day no doubt

15. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Were some of these from Cape?

16. ukelelesurf

ukelelesurf Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2007
  17. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    No. That session went down in Ocean County at an empty beach break North of the crowds in Bayhead.

Zeroevol likes this.
  18. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    2 of the pics look similar to a day I was out at Cape. Great shots!!

19. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Waves around yesterday. Bad tide and drifty. Crowded too. Sure plenty here got some.

20. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    i took a sick day Friday cuz a) waves b) 70 degree weather c) no rain. i've been on the 6'9 greg loehr fish all wknd, went sat & sun. it handled the waves well with a lil paddle help and going down the line quick enough to pass the onslaught. also took out the 6'4 perfection and 6'2 pride board, but they didn't come close to what i was able bring out on the loehr board. waves all wknd about chest hi - started to hit it at lo tide as there was too much water on hi tide that it became jumbled up and disorganized. Had some fun quick shots down the line and a couple that i got to cutback several times. it's going off all week - swellinfo surf forecast is surprisingly off tomorrow for whatever reason - and i'm praying for waves to stay thru the wknd so i can get some

antoine likes this.