who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Been logging it everyday for the past week, cleanish mornings, chest high, waters getting warmer, never have I been more thankful to be a surfer and live on the beach. Right now my soundtrack is Santa Monica , Everclear, with all the hysteria its nice to have somewhere to escape too.

Manik and antoine like this.
  2. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    So good today... Glassy head high drops on the biggest set waves. A little undergunned on the fish, but I didn't care. Water quality was excellent. No wind. Little barrels every once in a while. super fun... and had it to myself for the first hour and a half, too.

Manik, antoine and Carson like this.

3. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    RI was fun today. The 'main' break was packed like any weekend but I went a bit up the beach and enjoyed some social distancing, sun and waves. I suspect any day now we'll be under house arrest so seems like a chance worth taking. No post surf coffee or burrito - just had a snack in my car and headed home. Stay well everybody.

Carson, Manik and antoine like this.
  4. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    MVI_0348_Moment(2).jpg MVI_0354_Moment.jpg

Went across the bridge today with my kid, hung out at 2nd and Purgatory chasm. Pretty busy but it looked like a lot of fun today.

antoine, Carson and Wavestrom like this.
  5. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    The 2nd parking lot was as full as any spring weekend, right? Still miles better than going to a restaurant or something but spread out people.

antoine and Carson like this.
  6. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    As busy as I've seen it. I actually haven't surfed there in a couple of years. 1st was nearly empty in comparison.

antoine likes this.
  7. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    MVI_0337_Moment.jpg MVI_0340_Trim_Moment(2).jpg

I think the first is an example of bad social distancing, the second is mo betta

8. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    thi to waist at the Washout. didn't look good off the start as only a few marginally sized ones came thru. luckily, wave machine churned up on walk out. Had a solid handful for the short sess into work. no coffee needed, but i'll make some hot choco

Manik likes this.
  9. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Really good reading all the stories of everyone getting there surf on! I too have been getting my fair share while not as good as some of you guys to the north but I'm not complaining. It's been steady waist to chest Queen in the morning with some offshore's then wins which is right around and comes from the East and just crush is it. Been mostly surfing between Jetty Park by Port Canaveral and Satellite Beach. Light crowds but the dedicated Surfers are making their way out and having lots of fun

Manik and LBCrew like this.
  10. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    2 meter 10 second swell , possible wind switch and clean up this aft

11. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Finally got back in the water today after about two weeks of shite waves and poo flavored rain runoff. Nice waist to chestish waves with light offshores. Got a couple good ones in while staying at LEAST 6 feet away from all the other bros and does.

12. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    MVI_0483_Trim_Moment.jpg MVI_0500_Trim_Moment.jpg MVI_0502_Moment.jpg MVI_0473_Trim_Moment(2).jpg

Pics from today.

Wavestrom, steef, sigmund and 3 others like this.
  13. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Wish I could like that more than once

14. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Great shots Manik

15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Got some lucky surf last night. Took the log out it was maybe Nehi but super clean lines and breaking all the way to the pier. Just that really small peeling wave to the left handwriting it into the sunset was really cool for me. It's still kind of eerie looking at the four or five Cruise Line ships that are docked out in the ocean or anchored just sitting there for the past week. I'll try to take some pictures tonight

UnfurleD likes this.
  16. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    quick shot of swell down here. took out the 6'9 loehr and the newbie Alchemist. Cruised to the washout with a bud for stomach to chest hi. first thing i could tell is that it needed a bit more volume for my ever growing body. Second, those future fins didn't stick as well, kinda amateurish, but i thought they were locked in as a twin but they fell right into mother ocean in the first 15 minutes. took out the loehr, 4/3 on but no booties or gloves for a 2 hr sess. Had plenty of rides, mostly rights, and was off a small crowd (we've got restricted beach access). Had a solid party wave and one legged rides, doing all kinds of stupid stuff. My buddy said that was easily his best session for 3 months - it's been that bad down here on Folly. Another quick shot next week, gotta make best of a situation

antoine likes this.
  17. NotAMasshole

NotAMasshole Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2016
    I feel like we have really been lucky to surf this last week or so. Being in the water and riding waves really helps to drown out the craziness. That being said, I do not feel like this is a time to be out exploring new breaks, traveling in packs, and hanging out for post-surf beers, etc. Don't bring friends to a spot you just now had time to discover, especially if your Mom is driving you there. Do not overcrowd beaches, parking lots or waves- the more this happens up here in NE the likelier they are to restrict access. Once that happens, we are all going to without our favorite outlet. Stay healthy out there.

antoine likes this.
  18. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    10 sec , overhead sets , light offshore freight trains.

sigmund, Manik, Carson and 1 other person like this.
  19. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Today was a most excellent day.

Carson, UnfurleD and antoine like this.
  20. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Thanks Curl, your water shots are badass