Exodus trip

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by UnfurleD, Apr 11, 2020.

1. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    I'm sure it ran thru some of your minds like mine; how much is it to place A in October? I've got the Hopper app which isn't great but tells u when to book a trip with dates I enter in. With this pan/pamdemic I put down some bucket spots, since my job is moreover unaffected by all of it. Was planning on San Diego in fall since last year, it was $200 R/T several days ago. So...when do u think this passes n where/what places/prices are y'all seeing? I've already considered if a no go in Fall to use for Puerto Rico trip early next year. My longer bucket spots are Uruguay n Portugal; Uruguay is $300 cheaper in Nov than usual. Heard Portugal is nice in early spring, so may be a while before I see those deals if they're still there

antoine likes this.
  2. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Wherever, it’s going to be a one way.

SCOB3YVILLE and Notaseal like this.

3. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    I fly free so I'm lucky. As soon as the ban is lifted I'm going to southern Mexico. Salulita

4. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    El Salvador. Maybe late fall November ish. I've been twice and it was big to huge swell both times. Some amazing days, some scary days, some sit on the beach watching days. I want to go back and just rip into some long long 3-5 foot point surf with none of the fear factor and i think the off season has a lot of days like that.

UnfurleD and antoine like this.
  5. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    If you dont mind , could you share the details of where you stayed. In el salvador and method of transportation you used once you were there?

6. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    Sure - I've been there twice.

10 years ago we went to a spot called Las Flores and stayed in a little family run hotel call Mira Flores. The hotel picked us up at the airport and its about an 1.5 hour drive. There are breaks nearby we surfed that were world class. No need for a car for us...the breaks we surfed (Punta Las Flores and Punta Mango) are nearby and easy to get to. The nearby small town El Cuco is a 10 minute walk. There are a few bodegas, and small cantinas.

Last year we stayed at K-59. Same deal. a kid picked us up, 45 minutes from the airport to the village. the place we stayed slept 6 but when we were there in May it was just the two of us. Tiny village (2 tiny cantinas) of friendly chilled out local kids hustling constantly...taking pictures of you surfing, selling beers on the beach, asking a million questions. I really like the vibe at k-59 and the surf out front is insane. I wouldnt bother renting a car for this part of El Salvador unless you plan on exploring other parts of the county besides the surf breaks and nearby towns.

Punta Mango

mango2.jpg

Punta Las Flores

swell.jpg

K-59

ES16.jpg

7. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Really appreciate all the information. That sounds like my kind of trip! Does waves look perfect! What size board were you riding in that last frame?

8. Mitchell

Jan 5, 2009
    That's not me...that's my buddy Skegleg that used to post on here from time to time. I think he's riding a 6'2"in that shot. I rode a 6'2" as well every session in ES. Most of the days on this recent trip were big and justified a step up. The surf in that picture is on the smaller end of what we got on last years trip, and i'll be honest the huge surf bummed me out and was above my comfort level most days. I would really like to go back to K-59 when the waves are smaller...like 3-5 foot and be able to ride a smaller/fishy board.

antoine and simod5 like this.
  9. Micky

Micky Member

Mar 4, 2016
    Thanks for the great photos and the information Mitchell!

SCOB3YVILLE and antoine like this.
  10. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I remember skeglegss haha
    those photos are sick. Looks like a good trip!

11. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Headed to surfside texas to catch the crostobal swell in the gulf. While it may not be world class ..it will be my first time surfing texas. 12 sec at 6 ft. Looks to be hh and off shore this afternoon and tomorrow a.m. flying into hobby airport. Gonna rent a board

UnfurleD likes this.
  12. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Hope u score! Good luck. Safe travels. Shred Gnar