who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. steef

steef Active Member

Sep 11, 2019
    I'm more concerned about your sandy feet on that carpet!

I've never seen that before either, but it shouldn't be a tough repair.

Zeroevol, headhigh and SCOB3YVILLE like this.
  2. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Gotta say, that's a strange one right there. Were you wrapped in the leash in an odd way? Trying to figure out how that is even possible.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.

3. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Used to happen a lot back in the day before the kook cord industry came up with the "rail saver" strap near the plug attachment.

Had to have had some juice to cause that...

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  4. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    That's trippy!

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  5. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    I got in this morning, Surfline overselling it but actually poor to fair 2-3ft with long drawn out sets. Took the lb out, so did just bout everybody. Crowded at washout. Was able to get a solid handful of long rides. Took 20 minutes to get in that last dreaded one more wave

antoine and SCOB3YVILLE like this.
  6. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016

Lol. My apartments a shit hole. But it’s close to the water ;) that board is toast. It’s been buckled and I did a horrible repair below the new leg rope hole.

I had my two go-to boards at ropers getting repaired. I’m back in business now. I’ve had horrible luck with boards this past month

Longboard into the rocks at Oceanside (no leash/high tide) tail damage - duct taped for now.

Lost quiver killer went into the rocks at the jetty (Rope that attaches the leash to the board broke - almost drowned that day getting recycled in the rip trying to retrieve the board)

This..

steef and Notaseal like this.
  7. SCOB3YVILLE

Nov 16, 2016
    just tried to get under the lip and out the back of a wave. Like always... I guess the leash just got wrapped around as it got taken by the wave. Some size, but nothing crazy.

antoine likes this.
  8. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
  9. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Fun waves off and on all day yesterday as tide and wind did its thing.

IMG_4759.jpg IMG_4704.jpg IMG_4740.jpg IMG_4804.jpg IMG_4838.jpg IMG_4862.jpg

Zeroevol, Mr.Belmar, Notaseal and 3 others like this.
  10. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    What's been happening everyone.? Holy moly I had a great session today.! I surf South Melbourne Beach confound the waves behead to test High super clean Super lined up and offshore winds! I surf for about 2 and 1/2 hours. I wish I had more energy after work LOL. Now I'm headed home cook some dinner and work on a project.

steef, Carson and Notaseal like this.
  11. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Did a late morning session to let the tide recover from a negative low. Fun lil nugs at The Campgrounds. Must have been a bazillion head in the water. Lot's of HS kids. They need to get these kids back in school! LOL.

antoine likes this.
  12. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey everybody! Got a repeat of yesterday but a little bit smaller and lucky enough to Surf through a massive rainstorm which is always interesting. Coming out of the other side of the rainstorm the clearing skies in the smooth water was just what I needed. Parked at Patrick Air Force Base by the Officers Club around 2 and there was only four or five cars in the parking lot when I got there. After the rain subsided it looked like an army of ants coming over the dunes with people gathering on the beach for the launch of the Falcon rocket. I completely forgot about it so I left just before the rocket launch and the parking lot was not only packed but I was almost blocked in I one more person trying to park fortunately my timing was good and I got out before it got to that point. Anyway headed home can I get some food relax maybe try to check out a movie tonight

Notaseal likes this.
  13. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Got called off at T-17 due to the weather. Rescheduled for Saturday.

antoine likes this.
  14. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    Leftovers were swell at the hi tide lunch hour. 6'9 loehr board obliged, catching second lump on most rides. Yesterday morning looked great but was deceiving. Strong current, disorganized, brutal paddle out. Gave up on that n went back for an evening swell. Was very chopster but attainable. Got a raspberry on my back from bouncing off sea ground after leaping off a wave. The name's Dumas

Carson and antoine like this.
  15. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Campgrounds with everybody and his/her brother. Got a few good ones on the fish. Worth the walk.

antoine likes this.
  16. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    What's been going on everyone. I hope you all had as much success with surfing As I did this weekend. If you didn't I'm sure you enjoyed time doing what you do best. Pretty interesting weekend here on Florida Space Coast surfed Saturday early morning but by mid-afternoon it was blown out with the impending launch of the SpaceX rocket I decided to leave the beach and the madness behind and head home. Sunday I decided to drive a few miles north of my regular spot and found thought I may be lucky waist-high long clean peeling waves it just seemed to connect every single time all the way inside. They were right and left to be had almost every set. I really had so much fun this weekend and as much as I know I disregarded a lot of chores I should have done at home I wouldn't have done it any differently given the choice. Look forward to reading your serve stories from the weekend.

Carson and Notaseal like this.
  17. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    Saturday late morning was fruitful. Supposed to rain that afternoon, less traffic n crowds. It was thi hi n built to waist while providing some texture. It was going swell riding hi on the wave, making the ride last. Got compliments right off the gate from some strangers. Drank couple Modelos btwn sessions, n took it back to the house when the clouds n tide rolled in. Lucky timing:Turned on tv, then boom Space flight. Unlucky timing: saw an ol college buddy at the beach vacationing down w his kids. He came by late to pregame only for us to see our old stomping ground in dwntn Charleston having riots. Finally got to the bar on Folly down the street to see them close up at 11pm, newly enacted curfew bc of riots dwntn. Had a couple beers back at my place before we said let's get dat chilli chz dog as nightcap at Berts, they doze but never close. We'll they closed. Summa bitcha

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  18. SCOB3YVILLE

Nov 16, 2016
    I’m fell off my surfboard yesterday and fucked my foot up. they didn’t take xrays but I got 10 stitches. Feels like I broke the two left metacarpal. I go back in 9 days to take the stitches out, will ask then.
    4B30DD6A-DC89-4E1D-A82B-6414CD7F12C9.jpeg

UnfurleD likes this.
  19. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Oh man! Was that a fin cut? I got a wicked one last year that required 8 stitches. Mine as right in the crease of my ass.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Dude... that looks almost as bad as your rail ding.

Notaseal and SCOB3YVILLE like this.