who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Not the fin. I went over the falls with the board and kinda just drop kicked the rail Near the tail. No dings on the board, so I got that going for me.

Notaseal likes this.
  2. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Scooby - that looks painful. I find it hard to imagine how a rail could ever cause that, unless the glass split open and a sharp edge of fiberglass caused it. Either way....really glad you werent seriously injured.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.

3. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    You must have drop kicked the shit out of the rail to get a blunt force wound like that. Jesus dude. Heal fast.

Notaseal and SCOB3YVILLE like this.
  4. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I surfed about 4 times last week, and really had a blast in some smallish 2-3 foot very lined up waves. The best session was Saturday morning. I was riding a 5'2" twin-fin Bing Dharma copy that a made a couple years ago. Every winter when the 4 and 5 mil rubber comes out, i find myself shelving the really small boards because i just cant paddle them in heavy rubber. Every spring the 3/2 comes out and I'm convinced I'm just too old and out of shape to ride them and then have a freaking blast on them. Pic from saturday....speed walls with slight sideshore texture giving the waves that ch-ch-ch chatter under the board.

5-30-2020g.jpg

Zeroevol, Notaseal, La_Piedra and 3 others like this.
  5. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  6. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    that's gnarly af dude

one of our locals broke 2 bones in his ankle, needed a bunch of screw and plates...He ain't sarfin for awhile

get well soon

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  7. SCOB3YVILLE

Nov 16, 2016
    thanks bud!
    I went back to the hospita today. Didn’t go to the ER, went to the “urgent care” section of Kaiser. I got x rays, tetanus shot, Blood test for infection, 2 different antibiotics, Neproxen, foot boot and crutches... My foot swelled up baddd.

the doctor Today was shocked the ER didn’t do any of the above On Sunday. They just stitched me up and sent me on. Doctor today said if I waited the 10 days to come back I woulda had a serious problem.

taking some antidepressants On top of everything else to help quit cigarettes (24 days no nicotine for me). Kinda making things a little better haha

Notaseal, La_Piedra and antoine like this.
  8. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Stick with it man. It makes a HUGE difference in so many areas. People get closer to you, your food tastes better, you have more money in your pocket, etc. I quit like 22 years ago. Keep it up!

antoine and SCOB3YVILLE like this.
  9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I've always said the two things I respect the most about people is when they make the commitment to kick the habit or loose weight. I never had a problem with either, but man... it must be tough.

Mitchell likes this.
  10. SCOB3YVILLE

Nov 16, 2016
    thanks man. Feels go to read that!
    I’ve tried 3 serious times to quit. All with the nicotine patch. Made it a few weeks but feel back in.
    This has been the most effective, Wellbutrin. If anyone is trying to quit it’s worth a shot. Cravings go away in seconds. And I only get like one or two cravings a day, not even so much anymore.

antoine, Carson and steef like this.
  11. steef

steef Active Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Hey, I, and a bunch of my friends, have found the book The Easy Way to Quit Smoking, by Allen Carr to be really helpful. It does a good job of changing your mindset and helps you understand the cravings, etc. I recommend it to people who are looking to quit as a good starting point.

antoine and SCOB3YVILLE like this.
  12. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Losing weight is hard too. :/ I've dropped over 50 pounds twice in my lifetime. Could stand to drop 25 or so right now.

antoine likes this.
  13. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    I got a puncture wound almost exactly like that, except it was on the bottom of my foot...right in the arch. Got it @ So. Mission Jetty lol!!!

Proned out and headed for the Jetty Rip after a wave, some cordless kook lost his board which snuck up behind me and poked a massive hole in my arch. I was crawling up the beach and the lifeguard wouldn't do shite lol. Just warned me to take off my wetsuit before I got to the doctor, or they would cut it off.

I was a big puzzy and didn't want to get shots or stitches so I just cleaned it up the best I could and taped it shut with butterfly bandages. I was on crutches for over a month, out of the water at least 3 months.

40 years later, I still got a hella scar that's kinda more like a perma-scab. My wife gets all grossed out and shakes her head.

Chicks dig scars.

antoine, SCOB3YVILLE and Notaseal like this.
  14. SCOB3YVILLE

Nov 16, 2016
    dude. Those numbing needles were no joke. 4 into the muscle. Everybody in the ER heard me haha

La_Piedra, Notaseal and antoine like this.
  15. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Preach.

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  16. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    at least you took it like a man lol

seriously dude, get better soon. Summer is prolly the best season to sit out, too

SCOB3YVILLE likes this.
  17. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    The worst pain I have ever felt was a needle in the arch of my foot. They warned me it would be bad and used some sort of freeze spray as they gave the needle to try and lessen it. Take the worst dental needle you've ever gotten and multiply the pain by a factor of 20X.

18. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    I've had a lot of stitches and broken bones, but the one that stands out in my mind was when they had to sew my two halves of a fingernail back together. I had split my finger in half lengthwise at the tip with a utility knife. Getting that needle through the two sides of the nail to pull them together was a hoot.

19. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Just reading this gives me the heebie jeebies! I reflexively grabbed my fingertips and cringed. Jeebus!

20. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Yea... my wife drove me to the hospital. She's a doc. She gagged a little just watching. LOL.

I was a bartender at the time. It wasn't easy hiding that thing. You try to be discrete, but...

antoine likes this.