Post your ride thread

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by GoodVibes, Jun 22, 2020.

1. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
  2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013

3. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
  4. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    My preferred means to get too and from the surf is this:

[​IMG]

The family hauler is one of these:

[​IMG]

simod5, antoine and GoodVibes like this.
  5. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    2009. I also got a 2010 explorer. And a cannondale mountain/ street bike. As for my other rides

GoodVibes likes this.
  6. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
  7. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Not my actual van but this is the same model. 1990 Ford E350 Super Wagon.
    [​IMG]

And no, it's not Wayne's van of duct-tape and doom. Mine has windows haha.

UnfurleD, GoodVibes and antoine like this.
  8. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    The front end...
    IMG_2191.JPG

The business end...
    IMG_2189.JPG

headhigh, GoodVibes and antoine like this.
  9. GoodVibes

Jun 29, 2008
  10. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Hey, is that the Highlander? I went down our motor mile a week ago or so with a buddy, he likes the highlanders. I'm going to go with a ~2015 Black Acura RDX. The perks are 275 hp (i miss power) V6 engine, 28 HWY, sunroof, budget friendly and reliable ride. Downside is leather, especially knowing how much sandy/wet action it'll get. Thought i'd be making that move later in the year, but i've got the means to make it happen sooner than later

GoodVibes likes this.
  11. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Highlanders are awesome. Can't go wrong with a RDX either. I feel like the Highlander has a bit more cargo room. One thing to note: Honda has really improved their paint in the last 10 years but unless you're parking in a garage I would warn again a darker color in SC. I have seen dark grey, black, and blue start to give up after only a few years.

GoodVibes likes this.
  12. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    heard, but it looks cooler black on silver on a RDX. and that's what it takes for me sometimes. same reason i bought a POS old jag knowing it's in the dirt in 2-3 yrs - it had built in "rolling" tables in the back and it looked dam good with boards on racks. No regerts

headhigh, antoine and Carson like this.
  13. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    This is actually my second Highlander back-to-back. My first one was a hybrid. I put 150K miles on it then gave it to my son, who's still driving it with 250K miles on it.

This year's model has bigger cargo space than any other mid-sized SUV, and still gets great mileage even though it's not a hybrid. Cargo space was a major deciding factor. I need all the space I can get given the multiple things I use it for... wet gear, boards, all my diving crap, dog kennels (plural), guns, as many kinds of dead animals as possible, etc...

14. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
  15. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Rolling tables haha. That's awesome. I remember you mentioning the jag a while back. Is she still on the road?

16. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    she's dead in the water, lil less than 2 yrs ago. I wanna say i had it for 2 1/2 yrs. i was content

17. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Damn man for an old Jag I think you did very well.

If I can get 2 years out of my van I'll be stoked!

UnfurleD likes this.
  18. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    New whip. Less than 100 miles on it right now and my solution for unlocking after a surf session. IMG_20200719_115248.jpg IMG_20200723_105229 (1).jpg

GoodVibes, headhigh and UnfurleD like this.
  19. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    only a few teslas that i like out there, but that color combo is a good one. I'm hoping to find my new ride soon. preapproved, just not willing to drive 500+ miles for the ones out there available. Soon tho, soon

20. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I don't know if this counts? She rides with me everyday 15957066349891611534751.jpg

sisurfdogg, Notaseal and Carson like this.