Future fins

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Nick.osk, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Nick.osk

Nick.osk New Member

Jul 3, 2020
    Hey, I need help finding the right fins. I have a 6'3 torq mod fish as my board, which has the future setup, and I want to get more into maneuverability, and top turns and cutbacks to progress. I'm around 140 pounds and I heard that quad fins would help me achieve this, so I've been looking at them. I don't really know which ones to pick. I'm looking for a not so expensive quad set, to help me have more control of my surfboard and be able to do these turns easily. I've been seeing the rasta quads a lot to and I'm wondering if these would be a good option for me.

2. World B Free

World B Free Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013

Last edited: Dec 15, 2021
    DonQ, headhigh and LBCrew like this.

3. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Touche. Welcome. Where do you live and do you know proper Sand recon? Do you know how to tie a leash knot? Have you ever surfed the Belmar? How do you feel about Hindu women and what's your 1 rep bench max? I hope we can become best friends and surf together soon! Next week ima try surfing without my floaties. Wish me luck and if you have any scantily clad pics of your gf or mom ...post them please!!!

DonQ and headhigh like this.
  4. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    First... ditto.

Second... let me congratulate you on your choice of boarts... the world's first pre-preg EPS/Epoxy surfboard technology. Good choice for strength and weight.

I don't know dick about fins... sorry.

Whalecum to the fore-umm.

antoine likes this.
  5. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Gonna need more info about your pop-out board. Does it have a thruster setup now?

Is this your first board? How long have you been surfing? Can you turn the board at all?

How much can you bench?

antoine likes this.
  6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Rasta quads will work... I prefer the Stretch quads with a bit more area and fuller tip, but I'm a bigger guy. Rastas or Stretch quad set in the Small size will be good for you.

7. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013

Best I could do

8. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    forum peeps keeping it real.
    thanks for the response LB!