who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Yeppers... Sunday and Monday were both picture perfect, classic, summer longboard waves. That'll put a smile on yer face!

antoine and Carson like this.
  2. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Got lucky tonight at the pier. Thigh high..soft but ling rides. Single fin 9'2 Walden magic model.

3. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Early am session E2584B7C-1F43-407B-8BB9-3C138D38F175.png

4. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What's happening? Whose been surfing?

Got some long boarding in lately. Feeling like easy riding. Smooth fades and then horsing that thing round and bleeding the speed with my hands skimming the face. Maybe going to hell in a bucket but ......

Get some friends, miss yous.
    PJ

UnfurleD and antoine like this.
  5. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    I've seen flat on the SI app. Never seen none before. Doesn't sound promising any time soon

6. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Don't trust it... sneaker waves at the right tides.

headhigh and antoine like this.
  7. Mr.Belmar

Mr.Belmar Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    ... still some fun ones on the right tide even tho it’s ‘flat’

As clearified above

Trunked it yesterday morning for the first time... just right!

8. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Same hear in the cocoa beach area. Small clean and fun. Welcome back peejay.

9. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    well, i've been going the past several days, closer to hi tide afternoons. Thunder thi hi's, so it's just been me and the LB. I'd get a handful in the one hr sessions, something to slide onto. Woke up real errLee today, and took it by the pier. One dude went shoulders to the beach on a wave i was calling out, just 3 of us on that side of the pier, but he apologized latr with a "kook of the day moment". that was a good call on his part, cuz my intentions were to be a dick for the rest of the sess. Saw a couple sharks for the last half hr, guy asked and i said they were bout 2-3 ft and were wrastling around for a lil while. Then they came a lil closer, and he's like "i think those are more like 5-6ft". he was right

antoine likes this.
  10. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Clean surf againe today. What a run...

antoine likes this.
  11. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    SI forecast completely blew it this morning - showed nothing up on Cape Anne but it was fun stuff. Weird. Always check the buoys.

Carson and antoine like this.
  12. steef

steef Active Member

Sep 11, 2019
    I've found the SI forecast to just show flat for the current and next day, and then seems to be working after that. Around here, other sites are saying 2-3ft tomorrow with light offshores.

I had a great run last friday and sunday around high tide. Super fun summer long board waves. Was a great chance to try out a new fin on my 9'6", and I'm really loving it so far. Looking forward to hopefully some more tomorrow morning!

Wavestrom and Carson like this.
  13. Wavestrom

Wavestrom Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2014
    Today was fun but it was def. crowded for a weekday at 7:30 am. Then again I was there too so I'm not complaining per se. Too many people def throws off my rhythm because I'm either worried about being in the way of someone farther out or running over someone who's drifted inside of me.

steef and Carson like this.
  14. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Paddled out tonight on my new board for the first time. Waves were tiny and weak but I got enough rides to tell that the new board is a keeper.

15. steef

steef Active Member

Sep 11, 2019
    Paddled out this morning and surfed perfect, clean, 2 to 3ft waves from 6:15 to 8:15 am totally by myself. Even at high tide it was working really well with light offshore winds. It was the perfect July morning and great for the log. Had some super fun rides with tons of time on the nose.

I also learned that stuffing an action cam float attachment down the front of your wetsuit so it shoots from your collarbone provides really crappy footage. Oh well, you guys will have to take my word for it that I totally shredded the gnar ;)

I feel really bad for anyone who thinks SI's forecast is back to 100% and skipped this morning because it said FLAT. Get your short term forecast elsewhere, but come here for the civil discussion on the forums :D

Carson, headhigh and antoine like this.
  16. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What's Happening?
    Couple more Longboard sessions at last light. Missed the push of low to incoming tides and had to settle for outgoing to low. The Dude abides. Moved the fin up a tick quicker turn around. Dolphins and whales were close. The sunsets have been something else.

Happy Birthday Uncle Sam

17. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Surfed twice this week but with low tide around noon (at work) and at night (dark) I haven't had much luck.

It's straight up cruel when there's swell in the water, and the wind is right, but the tide is swallowing the little wave whenever I can surf.

Praying for a little bump next week to stretch the legs on my new ride: a very lightly used Lost RNF Redux. Dude surfed it a handful of times then dropped it in his garage, putting a big ding in the rail. She's all fixed up now and ready to rock. Can't wait.

antoine, steef and Carson like this.
  18. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Solid round of SSW swell in the water right now. Up the street in O-side, it's a couple feet overhead. I opted for Terramar instead and got a few fun, lumpy walls. Just put new fins in my 6' 4" to loosen it up a touch and it seems to have done the trick. Pretty pleased.

Looks like the state is going to lock down all the beach parking for the holiday weekend, so that should keep the crowds down. Gotta know where to park. :) Looks like this swell and the reinforcements should keep us in waves for a while.

antoine, headhigh and steef like this.
  19. tran_l

tran_l New Member

Jul 5, 2020
    Me! First time surfing after a long quarantine. I still don't know the situation in our area but hoping visitors would be less to make way for me hahaha!

20. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    First, please dont be the guy that waves his hands to slow ppl down. Dude going belligerent this morning flapping his fn arms around like a jackass yelling it's 25mph here. i was going 28. Guess he was an ex baseball pitching coach and could read how fast i'm going. what a dic n hell of a way to kill my morning rip on a fn Monday after a long wknd. So glad to share that morning stoke with the guy on a fn Monday, got the Folly sticker on the car, of course the dude didn't see that. Anyhow, it was thi to waist with certain pockets along the washout. Lil chop but the winds really not too bad on it. Hi tide in an hour or so, maybe i'll consider sneaking out for a few more

antoine and headhigh like this.