who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Carson , the midnight crowd was alive and well at Malibu with this swell. You folks definitely had a great looking pump.

antoine likes this.
  2. simod5

simod5 Super Moderator

Jan 26, 2014
    like this?

[​IMG]

antoine likes this.

3. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Damn dude sorry to hear that. I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago. I posted the story somewhere. Dude was lucky my wife was with me. I can handle being f'ed with after I surf, but if I havn't got wet yet, i'm on a hair trigger.

antoine and UnfurleD like this.
  4. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    I think ol' Carson is on the left coast ;)

Carson and antoine like this.
  5. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Sometimes I wish I lived on the West Coast

headhigh and steef like this.
  6. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Uhhh....what?

7. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    with the rain here to stay, it was looking very clean early AM. I decided to wait it out til hi tide and take a stab at it at the Washout. Crowds galore over there, was a bit surprising. I went past them to the north, thi hi's mostly with a couple waist ones sneaking thru. 5 min after putting in, semi chopped up. I was only in briefly but got over a handful of ones to keep my mind in ease on the LB

antoine likes this.
  8. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    West coast is on fire. SSW is now joined by a building NW swell. Waves...waves everywhere.

<insert Buzz Lightyear meme here that I'm too lazy to make>

headhigh and antoine like this.
  9. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Small, sloppy, onshore crap today.

So I bodysurfed...

UnfurleD and antoine like this.
  10. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Shore lb special here this evening. Everyone said it was closing out...I said you just have to surf faster. Anyway until I the find out of my 6'8 and got wrecked a few times but made a few also

Carson likes this.
  11. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    I've paddled out a number of times over the past week. Wouldn't call any of it surfing. Micro-grovelling and getting some exercise. Perhaps Saturday evening will yield a decent wave.

steef, headhigh and UnfurleD like this.
  12. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    i've really contemplated getting a good sized bodyboard. I don't know dck about which models are better than others, but it's prolly the summer surf that's got me itchin for sumtin new to do. Imma keep a look out

Carson likes this.
  13. UnfurleD

Jul 13, 2016
    getting a lil bigger here on Folly. More waist hi's were peeking thru. Had my fancy footwork going on the LB. Nice peelers, longer lines even with the softest push from mother ocean, get ya 50 yrds down n bout. Promising tomorrow, maybe shorten up the board if so. Saw a guy making a run for it on the road- nice shorty fish in hand, storm clouds were lingering in, but he ran like a duck. Can't remember last time i seen that kinda running

steef likes this.
  14. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    NW was dominant today. I thought it was summer. Chest high+ on sets with no, to light offshore breeze. Super fun day.

headhigh and antoine like this.
  15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    where's my invitation!!!

16. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey Carson. I'm coming out to San Jose in August. I don't know if you're anywhere near there but if you are it would be cool to share a sesh with ya

17. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    That might be tough...
    upload_2020-7-8_11-43-50.png

18. DonQ

DonQ Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    can I please watch and wax in peace?

19. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Scored some after-work waves yesterday. Waves were about 50% bigger than I expected, which is awesome, but I was on my big log with no leash which made things interesting.

Caught a ton of waves and got some nose-time so it was a success even if I had to swim for my board a few times. Hoping for a repeat tonight.

steef, UnfurleD and antoine like this.
  20. antoine

Mar 10, 2013