who here has been surfing this week?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Peajay4060, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Back to the campgrounds today. Swell has fallen off considerably. Waist high for the most part with wee bigger set every now and again. Decided to ride the new fish today. I concentrated on exaggerating the forward foot placement because I noticed I was coming up short most of the time. After four sessions, I still have a long way to go on this board. When I DO get it right, it's like a rocket and it feels so cool to rock it from rail to rail.

No breakfast yet. Coffee, yes.

antoine likes this.
  2. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    had some clean up today. Chest hi, mostly shoulder but i didn't tell the buddy who missed out afterwards - keep it light, sideshore with a good bit of mush. At the Washout, if you was in the center of it, you'd get a nice ride but wasn't too much going down the line. Winds were barrelling yesterday, so was quite surprised - that was from Sally. Tomorrow or Sunday it'll be barreling again - this time from Teddy. Hearing Teddy is the go getter of the canes this year. Winds are still light, might have something to get later this evening, but i did try a couple hrs after hi tide before I went into work - it was best for the LB to get on the peak or you'd be doing what i was doing which was getting a lil whitewash. It's sumtin, but i'm not a fan of the whitewash waves

antoine, Manik and Carson like this.

3. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Yeah...my buddy made the trip up and a guy on the beach got a shot of him on a gem....meanwhile Delaware got chest high waves all week.

paul.jpg

4. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Thats awesome, he came at the right time. There was a lull between some of the bigger sets but they were there. Looks like another good week coming up.

5. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Thursday was great, still some energy leftover, went out at dead low, totally kooked the first hour, pearled or got hung up. It was super low, breaking fast and I was logging it. Finally saw an outside set, glad I paddled out deep and got the third wave, it had size and I was off and running. Tide must have changed because they started breaking deeper and I kept picking off super long rights. Too fun, and it wiped me out physically, couldn.t get it together yesterday for anything productive.

Carson likes this.
  6. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    didn't think with the wind that'd it'd be rideable over the wknd. Yesterday tho wasn't too bad, drift n current was but if you planned it out then it was a shot. Midmorning session was ruff tho i was in "high" spirits. Paddled in with a bud in South Washout. Waiting...then got caught on the inside, put down by a couple bombers out of nowhere and put me by the rocks where i brushed my foot. Board ended up hitting me on the lip under all of it. Sat on the beach to check over the damage, which was mostly a small scrape on the foot - lil more of a bleeder but manageable. Paddled back in but couldn't get much going my way. The evening session was more manageable, lil more semi chop. It was in and out of waves; the ones down the line would just crush. Shoulder hi stuff for the most part. This morning was a lil more wind, and just didn't look too appealing. Wind slowly dying out today; better chance of cleanup tomorrow i'd imagine

sisurfdogg and Manik like this.
  7. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Last night right before dark it got pretty good down the street from my house. It was so dark when I took this that the only way to shoot it was as a speed blur. 1/30th F10.

119940917_10214085129841069_6644459973094737747_o.jpg

Carson and Manik like this.
  8. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Here it comes. Manageable spots are packed. One spot with favorable winds and completely open to the swell was big, and building, and not packed. Can't imagine what it will be like at the peak height of this swell, which is supposed to be tomorrow. Props to everyone who paddled out there, lineup was nearly empty by 11 am, except for one boog. MVI_0753_Moment.jpg MVI_0758_Moment.jpg MVI_0752_Moment.jpg MVI_0789_Moment.jpg MVI_0750_Moment.jpg

9. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    I believe that last shot is Brian Wynn from NJ.

10. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I know the guy with the orange board in the first shot and his bud are from jerz, they were some of the last guys out and I talked to them for a while, promised to email pics and vids of them.

11. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Point Magoo???

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Manik likes this.
  12. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Fun weekend here. Nothing to write home about, but lots of waves with decent shape and size.

One another note, Door Dash is evil.

Me: I want Chinese for dinner.
    Wife: What do you want?
    Me: Just go to Door Dash and hit "Order Again".

:(

Manik likes this.
  13. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Hey everyone. I went out Friday after work and surf well past my dinner engagement. Good thing my girlfriend understood and had no problems with it. Got back up early Ford on patrol but so did a few hundred of my closest friends. State for a little while got some fun rides but everybody seemed to be battling for the same waist-high wave. Cracked it up for the morning went home did some yard work make some lunch and headed to an unknown spot and just a few guys out there so I guess it's not that unknown!. The afternoon brought chest-high clean lines lefts and rights nothing epic but super fun for me. We had a big depression set in here in Florida and it's super windy on Shore right now every time I go take a look at the ocean and dream of trying to find a way out cause I find is 9 to 15 foot waves and it looks like Victory at Sea.. made some scallops Saturday night for dinner just seared them and garlic and butter sauce made some fresh vegetables go along with it. Funny how I prefer uncooked vegetables over cooked vegetables maybe it's just because I prefer crunchy over soggy but he'll maybe I'm not doing it right. Really enjoying reading your guys posts I'm looking at all the cool pictures

14. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Getting veggies just right without being soggy is all about finesse. Most of the time people cook veggies perfectly in the pan, then the veggies over-cook themselves with residual heat after you put them in a bowl.

For green veggies like broccoli, asparagus, or green beans, you want to remove them from the heat as soon as you start to see them turning bright green. They will finish cooking off the heat. Another thing you can try if you like to steam you veggies is shock them in ice water as soon you take them off the heat.

steef, Carson and antoine like this.
  15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I appreciate the tip. Ill give it a shot this weekend.

16. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    The problem to me is obvious. You just aren't southern enough. You have to be a good southern boy to appreciate veggies cooked to the point that they are unrecognizable. :D

UnfurleD likes this.
  17. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    With a butter to veggie ratio of 1:1

18. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Yep! Sounds about right to me!

19. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    So what you're saying is... Fry everything so its crunchy and the taste becomes unrecognizable once its covered in ranch dressing? Roger that!

20. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Make sure you bread it first so it will soak up the Ranch!

antoine likes this.