Bodyboarding specific forum

Discussion in 'Global Bodyboarding Talk' started by shark-hunter, Apr 16, 2014.

1. shark-hunter

shark-hunter Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2012
    I think it would be nice if the bodyboarding forum was kept completely separate(ie didn't pop up when someone simply clicked on "forum", but you had to click a specific link to get there so unless you were looking for it, you wouldn't find it) and heavily modded against CLEAR troll posts from people who just want to **** all over it.

2. trevolution

trevolution Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2012
    better to die on your feet then live life on your stomach...

3. ihatelongboarders

ihatelongboarders Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2007
  4. Special Whale Glue

Special Whale Glue Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2011
    Boogies should be well adjusted to any flack they catch from surfers, it comes with the territory.

Surfing: paddle for the wave laying down
    Catch the wave and stand up
    Surf
    Body boarding: kick for the wave laying down
    Catch the wave and stay laying down
    Ride

Standing up is the hard part. Boogies just skip that noise and end up getting looked down upon figuratively and literally because of it. You can't let that surprise or disappoint you ever, if it does, stand up or quit. Otherwise, just go with the bumps in the road you chose. Body boarding doesn't make you a bad person, it just means, as far as surfing is concerned, you're not on the same level. That's fine, but some folks may notice the difference and point it out, particularly when you guys claim yourselves as surfers or body boarding is equal to or better than surfing.

Ps. I mostly disregarded the thread subject like body boarders mostly disregard the difference and difficulty of standing up, intentionally.

5. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    HELLO

I am new to bodyboarding. What are some good excersizes to get me ready to shred in overhead tubes? What kind of fins are best? Where can I go out and not get hassled here on the Florida east coast that has pumping surf? Do you need wax to stay on the board? Are there any good bodyboard shapers out there so I can get hooked up with a custom sled to shred?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  6. SI_Admin

SI_Admin Guest

We are working on some development that will allow you to customize your experience much more. Hang tight.

7. kidrock

kidrock Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2010
    foamfarkers.com

8. beachkat

beachkat Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2009
  9. EmassSpicoli

EmassSpicoli Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Bro. You couldn't possibly have yourself more of a done deal, etched is stone, signed on the line, as soon as you agree to stay out of all non-bodyboarding threads.

Is anyone here a public notary so we can get this formal agreement executed?

10. calvinfurrow

calvinfurrow New Member

Mar 1, 2020
    Who can forget the first feeling of riding a surfboard? I can still remember mine. It's been a daunting task to choose the best models of surfboard for the newbies. Correct? I've faced the situation last week when choosing one for my nephew. I've done extensive searches on the internet and selected the Giantex 6ft Surfboard. It's durability and affordability made it the best pick for beginners. One more thing- this model is easy to ride.

11. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    So this topic is specific to bodyboarding

12. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    WOW I'm just read this thinly veiled advert, posted on an old, random, bodyboarding specific thread, and I am convinced that my nephew (who is begin at surf boart) would make good surfs on "Giantex 6ft Surfboard".

How do I make purchase? Should I just send you my username and password for my cerdit card?

antoine and Carson like this.
  13. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Venmo me the money. Ill make sure they get it! Lol!

headhigh and Carson like this.
  14. calvinfurrow

calvinfurrow New Member

Mar 1, 2020
    Well, what do you think? It was an advertisement? Lol! No. I found this model from a lesson on choosing the right board for beginners on internet. And you don't need to share your credit card info with me. Okay? Just read that lesson and make your purchase yourself.

15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    no! Venmo me the money. I can get what you need. Just text my burner phone

16. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Yes, I hear that the shorter the board, the easier it is to learn!

17. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Hey I just sent my SSN, height, and bench max to your pager. Send my nephew the board when it arrives from Kazakhstan.

antoine and Carson like this.
  18. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    "Giantex", lol

sounds big