Innacurate forecast

Discussion in 'Swellinfo Announcements' started by nizenba, Jan 9, 2021.

Tags:
  1. nizenba

nizenba New Member

Jan 9, 2021
    Hello:

I am not sure if others have observed the same thing, but some of the forecast of Swellinfo is inaccurate. Last weekend for example the forecast was 1 to 2 feet waves in the Sonoma Coast and there was a huge swell. Same is true for today. Surfline, for example, says that today the swell is going to be between 15 and 20 feet whereas Swellinfo is saying that the waves are flat. What is going on?

2. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    When did you first notice this?

3. Mitchell

Mitchell Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Here at Swellinfo we use Hawaiian scale. Example: this wave Pete Mel just rode at Mavericks is 5 foot Swellinfo scale. Got it?

sigmund, Manik, Carson and 2 others like this.
  4. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Wow thanks for bringing this shocking news to our attention. For the last 2 years I have been unable to surf because this is the only surf forecasting website that exists. There has also been zero threads on this topic so I'm very thankful for starting this useful and relevant thread. As internet users we are deservedly entitled to spot-on accurate forecasts and friendly forume adnims that let us post whatever we want with out consequence.

Manik, simod5 and Carson like this.
  5. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Finally someone has gotten to the bottom of this.

Carson likes this.
  6. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Can I hijack this stupid thread for a moment to say how f*cking MENTAL that wave was, and how half way thru it Sir Pete knew he just rode possibly the best wave at mavs ever?!?! Then he just sits on his board and takes it all in. What a f*ucking legend.

Manik and Mitchell like this.
  7. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Hijack access granted. Was the forecast grey?

8. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Can confirm, forecast was gray from stem to stern.

Carson likes this.
  9. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Truth. I watched the video a half dozen times. I was blown away by how casual he was about going over the step about 2/3 of the way down and then he just eased into it like it was just some punchy beach break barrel. Too bad Wave of the Winter has to come from the North Shore, because I don't think that can be topped.

10. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    I noticed the same thing. A lesser surfer would have gone down hard on that little step but you can see he's anticipating it.

Carson likes this.
  11. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Yeah, like right about the 12 second mark, you can see him load up the inside rail toward the tail so it doesn't bite in the middle as he goes over the step. Next level shit man.

antoine likes this.
  12. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Everyone is going off at the end and he just has his hands up playing modest, like "what? just another day at the office". I watched it yesterday for the first time, it made my day

headhigh and antoine like this.
  13. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    I hope I catch the best wave of my life in my 50's too haha

antoine likes this.
  14. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    I can say that I have! :D

headhigh and antoine like this.
  15. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
  16. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Just wanted to let you know that we have escalated your complaint to the CEO of Outdoorhub, Roy Stuart, and he is currently on his way to your local surf break to assess conditions in comparison to the (non)forecast on this website. Please refer to this website if you have any questions about Mr. Stuart's qualifications or you wish to contact him directly.

antoine and Carson like this.
  17. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    A

One and done

18. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    I had such high hopes. Like indo high

19. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Haven't any of you noticed that 100% of the people/bots/whatever that have complained about the inaccurate forecast over the last 18 months seem to all be from NorCal?

srsly

Carson likes this.
  20. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    What does it all MEAN?!?! I'm going to go watch National Treasure to see if I can find any clues.

antoine and Carson like this.