January 26th

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by UnfurleD, Jan 18, 2021.

1. La_Piedra

La_Piedra Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    While you are absolutely on pointe, I regretfully need to pointe out that you're basically arguing with the master baiter who is equally as responsible for the abandonnements as any political discussion. Dude, look at his signature: "arbitrary and capricious". He obviously takes some weird pride in it.

He's the last one here. And he likes it that way.

You're basically talking to a wall that happens to sport a manbun

whoisJOB and antoine like this.
  2. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Yeah I get my fill on the other site. I come here for a break, even though it's like freaking crickets up in here. Boring, except for the few that occasionally post some great pix. I just don't bring politics here out of morbid respect since it was the big cancer.

But I'm not going to automatically cancel someone because he brought a voodoo discussion to the table either. There seems to be way too much of that going on late!y, a trend that coincidentally started here a couple years back.

whoisJOB and smitty517 like this.

3. simod5

simod5 Super Moderator

Jan 26, 2014
    The door opens from the inside ;)

4. nalu222

nalu222 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Dude, speaking of Hawaii have yall seen the footage coming in this week from John John and Koa... Paddle in at 40ft Log Cabins, maxing Jaws.. I wish i was there.

eatswell, Manik, headhigh and 2 others like this.
  5. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Yes, Master Baiter.

6. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    All good points.. Its not anyone particular person or group thing. It's just something I feel you choose to participate in or not.. But as far as Jan 26th??? Things change but never for the good when it comes to regulating travel. But I could be wrong.. I also could be in a padded cell just talking to my self thinking I'm here on this here forum

7. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    "CeNsOrShIp" - the rallying cry of the ill informed.

Trying to keep a thread on topic is not the same thing as automatically cancelling someone.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
    Carson likes this.
  8. whoisJOB

whoisJOB Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2021
    the door to your creepy white vanne?

9. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    2 opinions, both which I don't share and have nothing to do with the thread topic.

I never made this personal or singled you out. Please don't do so with me and we will get along fine.

I have nothing new to add to this topic, unfortunately

10. whoisJOB

Jan 5, 2021
    LP - How’s the swell up at Grays?

11. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Dude it's been stupid for the last 2 months, just too big and stormy. You know that epic run that California has been getting for the last 6-8 weeks? Yeah. They're surfing what we've been sitting in the eye of.

Finally calmed down the last couple of days with 6'-8' and offshores with no king tides, but sh1t was wonky as he11. Swell angle was correct, all I can guess is that the bars are all tore up from weeks of 20'+ surf. At least there's a ton of agates laying around, those things are like diamonds up here.

Trying to get a short trip out of here soon, prolly Mex. Maybe all this BS will end in another couple months so people won't need to present their papers upon leaving and entering our own country.

Sounds unbelievable, doesn't it?

antoine likes this.
  12. whoisJOB

Jan 5, 2021
    madness. how long til those bars go back to normal? you been heading down to OR at all to catch lefts at the pointe?

13. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    No runs lately, been taking on a couple extra jobs to fund my extravagant lifestyle.

As far as the surf, you just never really know around here. It's like every spot in the state is a novelty wave because the spots are so finicky about tide and direction.

When I first relocated up here, it was during late January and the surf was 4'-6' and offshore every day for almost 6 weeks. Oh, and the water never got below 51°. I couldn't believe it, I thought I landed in a winter wonderland lol. Even though all the locals were like "yeah dude it's never like this" and deep down I knew it but didn't want to believe it. One of the locals told me today that he got a window where he got the Harbor really good by himself a couple of days ago, but he checks it dozens of times a day. So it really helps to be right on top of it up here...being jobless kinda helps too lol.

But yeah this place is unpredictable in winter. I've seen some unreal years, and had a few where I'd wondered why I picked the world's suicide capital to live, surf and die. This year has been pretty sucky

eatswell and Manik like this.
  14. whoisJOB

Jan 5, 2021
    gotta make that cheddar. keep your hustle up. you’re right about how finicky each spot is up there. bet the groins at westport were deathly in that swell. how about downstream JDF? shoulda been all time there with the added protection, no?

15. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    Ummmm...yeah. We've got another big swell this weekend but it's got some rare south in the angle and this spot loves souths so it might be worth a check.
    I'm already in balls deep because the Surf Captain forecast from Micah the Abandonneur says Sunday is gonna be shite so I told my client to count on me for Sunday lol.

Not getting a tonne of surf during Covid, but that's okay. I'm working on some karma deals that'll eventually catch up with me. I've gotten enough surf here solo or with a couple of bludz that outshine some of the most epic days I had growing up in SoCal. If it all ended tomorrow I'd be happy and have zero regerts

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Manik likes this.
  16. La_Piedra

Oct 9, 2017
    What really sucks are the guys here since Covid. Guys in Sprinter vans and Teslas clogging the lineups, then clogging the parking lots because they can work remotely now.

Covid will bring on a newer and stronger form of localism.

I should make a thread about that. Do you think it would be too political?

Manik likes this.
  17. whoisJOB

Jan 5, 2021
    dude. lineups everywhere now are pervaded through and through by those on gubbermint chez or remote workers. wave of the future unfortunately.

I don’t believe in localism, that it actually exists. I mean, ya there are dudes in lineups lots of places who will use passive tactics to scare off strangers. but when have you ever seen schit come to blows? never once would someone back up their talk once they saw I was willing to throw down. and I’ve paddled out to most fabled “localist” breaks in the continental 48.

18. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    That chick Justine Dupont got that sick jaws barrel, had to show that to my daughter. Vids on that whole session are insane

Carson likes this.
  19. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    LOL, not unless they are acting local towards someone based on their voting record and not surfing. I don't think it's all that sensitive on here kidde, just that there is already a Mo-Chan (Q-Stoke?). Choices are good.

antoine and headhigh like this.
  20. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Should be fine as long as who(thef*ckisthisguyanyway?)isJOB can keep it in his pantalones