Surf Robes

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by UnfurleD, Feb 15, 2021.

1. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    For xmas this year wifey got me a 3ftx3ft square of astro turf with heavy duty rubber backing to replace towel #1. It was an awesome gift and looks like a bright green welcome mat for my van. I love it.

Carson likes this.
  2. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    I just started using one this fall. Why? Because during one of the fall swells some really old asshole came out on his balcony why I was changing (using the standard towel) and started berating me for changing in public. Then another dipshit joined in. "They live here and are sick of the surfers". The funny part is they don't actually live there. They are the folks that own condos that act like they live there. Next thing you know i laid all of my gear on the ground to give them both the finger. Not a good look. After that, my wife purchased me the gay poncho. So yes, I am now part of the surf robe club! Yawl better recognize - lol.

headhigh likes this.

3. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    HAHA awesome. I normally just get stares from 40+ moms, looking like they are trying to use the powers of mental telepathy to make my towel to drop. I swear if the shoe was on the other foot they would call the cops. There was one evening a few weeks ago when I was behind my van in a street/parellel spot changing in the dark and this old lady pulls up behind me while my suite is around my ankles and just blasts the headlights at me. Waited 'til I was done and just left!! Pretty sure she saw my crack or sack or likely both. Hope it made her day better LOL.

smitty517 likes this.
  4. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    Around here, nobody seems to give a shit. Maybe it's just so commonplace for people to change in the street and on the beach. I've seen girls take their shirts off and put their bikini tops on right in the middle of a crowded beach. When I change here, I can't remember ever getting anything other than a smile, no looks of disdain or anything and I'm certainly not the body type that make the women swoon. :D

5. smitty517

smitty517 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2008
    Its funny, I've changed on the exact location for almost 20yrs and never had a problem. This is OCMD so we have more non residents than locals. The spot is a "known" spot now so I guess maybe the added traffic pissed off the dude? There were several other folks (didnt know them) that were also changing who joined in in the FU fun! I have been to the same spot many times since then and have not see anyone at the condo. I swear we live in a time where people think they can voice anything they want to others without repercussion.

antoine likes this.
  6. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    A well known spot that has had new condos built there like in the last 10 years (maybe, it's been a loooong time since I was there)? I surfed there quite a bit over the years (starting in like 1988) and never had an issue. I can see how some of the crotchety effers would yell at you like that though. :D

7. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Reminds me of the beaches of France, Spain, and Portugal... all of which most of the beaches are topless. On the other hand... in Guadeloupe and some of the Virgin Islands, they're Full Monty nude.

Carson likes this.
  8. headhigh

Jul 17, 2009
    Cali sounds like an absolute hellscape. I now understand why rimJOB hates it so much.

antoine likes this.
  9. Carson

Carson Well-Known Member

May 19, 2006
    It sucks a big blue veiner, it really does.

antoine likes this.
  10. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Yep. Can confirm that this is the way to do it. Outdoor shower or a hot-tub is an added bonus.

11. SCOB3YVILLE

SCOB3YVILLE Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    the pier is 0-1’ and there’s 20 guys on it.
    I’m with rimJOB. This place ain’t what it used to be.

shoooooot. Am I starting to get salty like Barry in my olde age?!

hope everyone’s doin well

headhigh and Notaseal like this.