2021 Hurricane Forecast

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by simod5, Apr 8, 2021.

1. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    True story.

So one of my old friends and old next door neighbor when I lived on Inlet is named Larry, my wife hates him, calls him Loser Larry, and said he better follow Katie like a good boy and stay way offshore. Me and Larry and his roomie Frenchie have surfed Reef Road and Sharkpit and Pumphouse and dodged the jetty in near death conditions back in the day. And gotten into a few similar pinches on dry land. I think he's gonna deliver us the goods. Wax up the guns fellas!

Peajay4060, UnfurleD, antoine and 2 others like this.
  2. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    So while we are on the subject of Larrys, my first ever pet as an adult is a cat named Larry.

I rescued her from an abandoned house in 2009, the previous tenants left her locked in the house when they moved out and I heard her little meows after a few days. They didn't lock the deadbolt so I quickly got in and found tiny Larry upstairs. She wasn't quite full grown and was skin and bones when I found her.

I brought her next door to my house and gave her a can of tuna. She ate the whole thing. It was love at first sight. So the guy I was renting a room from came out and saw me with the cat and I was expecting to have to convince him to let me keep her, but he said "looks like we got another roommate". He had a 100lb American Rottweiler but thankfully Cody (the dog) and Larry became fast friends.

This was my first kitten and I didn't know much about cat anatomy at the time so I thought she was a boy and named her Lawrence, Larry for short.

12 years later I still have Larry and she's rules the roost.
    upload_2021-9-2_8-55-39.jpeg

Peajay4060, antoine, Manik and 2 others like this.

3. sisurfdogg

sisurfdogg Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2013
    I think we are good until Wicked Wanda

antoine likes this.
  4. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Cape Verde canes, nothing better.

sisurfdogg likes this.
  5. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Hoping Larry produces for the Belmar Pro.

sisurfdogg and antoine like this.
  6. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    CJ , offshores for Tuesday and Wed , a southerly forecast for Thurs , Fri .I know its a drive but contemplate aa few days of hooky . Think we see a double overhead plus swell .

sisurfdogg likes this.
  7. sigmund

sigmund Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2015
    Just when Larry gets into our swell window he's forecasted to get caught up in the jet stream and then move at warp speed to the north Atlantic, which will impact swell heights. Probably just as well for me as I'm in no kind of shape for DOH swell conditions. Gimme some clean head high waves, and I'll be very happy.

Manik and antoine like this.
  8. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    I'll be in Belmar for sure on Thursday.........hopefully Friday too.

Manik likes this.
  9. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Wind forecast improving , offshore Thur and Friday

Manik and sigmund like this.
  10. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    the suspense is killing me.
    boards ready. vehicle ready. gear ready.
    body ready...ish. lawn mowed. work taken care of. family understands.

maybe i'll get a haircut

headhigh, Manik and Carson like this.
  11. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    The swell is hitting here now. It went from 1 ft to chest high in 2 hours. Should be over head when I wake up. Surf till 10 then hernia surgery.. go get fellas

12. Manik

Manik Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    Damn, hernia surgery Antoine? Had mine a few years back, not bad, same day outpatient but it kept me out of the water for a while. Heal up quick.
    I'm feeling the excitement myself. Wondering how to get out of work Friday, this thing coming on a weekend, it's going to be busy as hell. Not to mention the weather will be beautiful. Can't wait!

antoine likes this.
  13. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Yea the Henri swell was on a Friday - Saturday around here. The forecast had been the same for a week so every landlubber east of the Mississippi descended on my local spot. It was already packed at 6:30 Friday morning.

I'm stoked. Taking tomorrow off work since it's looking like the prime time will be mid-day in these parts.

antoine likes this.
  14. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks man. Score some for me!

15. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    A month layoff , I felt bionic after it but had to stretch . Good luck Antoine

antoine likes this.
  16. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Swell started to fill in today , a cold front spinning thru with s fetch should be thru by early am . Belmar pro will have ideal conditions with a solid swell and offshores. Mindy s weather has potential of adding a boost to the front .

17. CJsurf

CJsurf Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2014
    There is a lot of rain and some thunder in the forecast for tomorrow so I'm not sure what is going to happen especially in light of that lifeguard being killed by lightning not all that far away last week. Men's heats are supposed to start around noon but there might be some delays. By noon on Saturday it will probably be small.

18. curl

curl Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Yea , I see that this am , front clears mid day with a some rain later aft . . Freaking tragic what happened in Seaside . I have never seen or heard of aluminum guard chairs , ins will never ease the pain for the parents .

19. antoine

Mar 10, 2013
    Thanks. Feeling good today not even 24 hours yet but that's solid advice from someone who's been there and done that!

20. UnfurleD

UnfurleD Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    couple lows on the way, one entering my fray tomorrow. Another this time next week, and then a sweet cane churning off our coast next wknd

antoine and headhigh like this.