What wine goes with Quishe and cous cous?

Discussion in 'All Discussions' started by Manik, Sep 28, 2021.

1. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    can you imagine being at a wine and quiche party after a good surf? I just picture relaxed folks enjoying them selves. Table clothes and some kind of casual wear. maybe there are fancy hats. Then a few salted wild haired barbarians come in and just devour everything and pass out.

Manik, antoine, headhigh and 4 others like this.
  2. ChavezyChavez

ChavezyChavez Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2011
    upload_2021-10-15_16-7-46.jpeg
    It's not a tuma, it's a quiche.

Manik and antoine like this.

3. Lefty

Lefty Well-Known Member

May 8, 2020
  4. Lefty

Lefty Well-Known Member

May 8, 2020
    like seldom said...at the base of oaks. i think the wette july and warm august/sept played a huge role in making this fall bountiful for these things. they really were all over the place up this way. took a pic for you whilst out for a walk a couple weeks ago

5. Peajay4060

Peajay4060 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Thanks

I found one on a tree at my daughter's
    School. Didn't pick it as every dog probably pissed on it

6. seldom seen

seldom seen Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
  7. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    Salty

8. Lefty

Lefty Well-Known Member

May 8, 2020

lol

the kids these days call that spicy

9. antoine

antoine Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2013
    So I was watching this film doc on Netflix call ...for the health of it. I have modified my diet. Anyone else see this?

headhigh likes this.
  10. headhigh

headhigh Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    I watched one a while ago called "what the health". Pretty shocking. "Food Inc." is another good one. It never really dawned on me that everything in the grocery store, including the produce is produced by 3 companies.

I sent "what the health" to my inlaws and they gave up meat cold turkey after watching. That was like 4 years ago and they are still 100% vegan. I have cut back on my meat intake, maybe a handful of meals a week, but I can't swing the vegan thing. Love cheese too much.

Edit: I just remembered that my father in-law had been fighting an auto-immune disease that was causing bad inflammation in his joints for about 10 years. 6 months after quitting meat he was able to get off all his immune suppressing and inti-inflammatory meds. I know it's not for everyone but he says watching that film (and giving up meat) is why he's still alive and mobile right now.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    antoine likes this.
  11. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    No... but I just read this article that explains literally why my diet philosophy has always been... and you can quote me... "a wide variety of whole foods." Just eat like that and you'll probably never be fat, and live a long life.

The article is about how nasty processed... or even more so... "ultra-processed" food is for you. I've always known processed food is way worse than eating "red meat" or whatever. But this article explains why. And if you're one to question big government and big corporations, you'll get even more meaning out of it.

https://www.newsweek.com/2021/12/17...ailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Recovery

antoine likes this.