dwellin in da cave

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by epic one, Feb 15, 2010.

1. pvjumper05

pvjumper05 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2008
    diet is simple.

cut the red meats (fatty), lower sodium a little, and pick up the fiber carbs while dropping the starchy carbs.

protein: aka chicken is perfect, learn some recipes and itll be decent. fish is great too (no salmon tho); again recipes are great to learn here. poultry seasoning is legend because of the taste and its virtually empty in bad things for you. 4+ eggs in the morning is good, especially if you drop most of the yolks in the garbage.

carbs: try to drop pasta, rice, and white breads (wheat rules here). go with sweet potatoes, asparagus, broccoli, etc. you can make a really good medley with some red pepper, cayenne powder, onion powder, and garlic powder.

liquids: go with straight up water and work with vitamins to get the necessary vits and minerals you arent getting with juices/milk. if you drink milk or juice limit it daily and go with skim or nonfat/diet versions. green tea is pretty good too (metabolism booster) but again watch the calorie/sugar intake.

the fiberous carbs do great things for your body and its better than starchy carbs in terms of looking fit (water retention and such i believe). protein is necessary obviously and the different recipes you can check out for low caloric and fatty chicken/fish tend to be pretty good and vary so you wont get bored. the water only is tough but this isnt too important.

thats basically it. i recently competed in a body building contest and this is a broad version of the diet we received. its not bad at all and you can cheat here and there (i did once a week). it really does wonders!

2. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    is that you in your profile picture? as if it is then im gonna start jerking the meat to that instead of jerking the meat to just swellinfo.com.

3. pvjumper05

pvjumper05 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2008
    [​IMG]

4. Ricky Data

Ricky Data Well-Known Member

May 31, 2007
    p90x

What are people's experience with the p90x and Insanity workouts? Do you need equipment for either?
    I've been hearing good things, but I don't know anyone who's done 'em. Anyone on here had success? or horrific failure?

5. GoodVibes

GoodVibes Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2008
    Ask Jonnyd

6. Inletsurf7

Inletsurf7 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2007
    p90x is great just as the others have said. LOOK OUT FOR PLYOMETRICS! You will have trouble walking the next couple days if you push yourself. And the yoga has helped my flexibility already and I'm just starting the third week.

I'm doing p90x on top of my normal gym workout so I don't do two of the exercises but I hear they're good too. Hope it helps.

7. CSB

CSB Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    add green smothies to any regiment and you'll love it. Mad energy, full of b-vitamins, protien, fiber... I've beenb drinking two a day and working out daily and it's like I'm a new person. You just feel more vital. Seriously...

Here's a simple recipe:
    2.5 cups of water.
    2.5 cups of pureed greens (collards, kale, spinach are best)
    2.5 cupes of pureed fruit (fresh or frozen).
    some sugar/sweetener to taste

This is enough for 2 days worth, drinking one in the morning and one in the afternoon. You'll crave snacks and alchohol less and have more effective sessions and workouts. Might sound weird, but it's tasty. Try it!

8. stoneybaloney

stoneybaloney Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Do you just do these in your blender? Where do you puree the greens? I might try this and use agave to sweeten it rather than sugar.

9. LBIripper

LBIripper Member

Feb 16, 2010
    Wow....Did not think this many people did or are doing P90X. Its a great workout and I do agree that Plyometrics is crazy. I is one of the best workouts I have ever done. You can feel the pounds shedding off.

As far as smoothies This is what I have for Breakfast everyday.

1 Cup Skim Milk
    4 large Starwberries (Frozen)
    1/2 Cup Blue Berries
    Little bit of Acai Berry (Very Tart, but amazing for you)
    1/2 Banana
    1 Scoop of Vanilla Whey Protien.
    and some ice as well and Blend into a smoothie

I don't know the actual stats on it but I think it is a bout 250 Calories and 30 to 35 grams of protien. Def. fills you up

Also P90X is 12 DVDs it has 3 4 week phases. It is def. well built

http://www.weightloss-hq.biz/weight-loss-forum/p90x-forum.html

That link is to a P90X forum that I use you can find alot out about the program.

10. Driftingalong

Driftingalong Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2008
    Insanity is actually 10 DVD/workouts. It produce by the same company as P90X, but with a different trainer. That's all I've got on Insanity; never did it or dealt with that trainer.

P90X you need at a minimum, weights or bands & pull-up bar
    you should probably have some sort of mat for the yoga, and push-up bars are cool to maximize your...um...push-ups

I have nothing but positive things to say about it.

11. Nnj51

Nnj51 Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Cardio (run/bike/etc) should take care of your lower body for surfing. As far as the upper body's concerned, pushups, pullups, and lat pulls with tubing (simulate a freestyle swimming stroke) will do the job. Tubing comes in varied resistances, so choose one that suits your strength.
    Attach the tubing about waist/chest high on a locked door, post - just make sure it's secure. Then bend over at the waist, slightly bend the knees so your upper body is close to parallel to the floor. Pull the handles back past your hip (simulating the underwater portion of a freestyle stroke), then slowly allow it to stretch forward to the starting position.
    Hope this helps!

12. CSB

CSB Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    agave nectar is an awesome sweetner to use for sure...
    I use a ultra-high-powered blender that my folks have. I drive over there with the ingredients and use it.
    If you have a smaller blender, puree everything separate and add it to a pitcher and wisk thoroughly.
    I'm telling you guys, it's legit!

13. jk06385

jk06385 Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2008
    medicine ball, full body gym workout 4 days a week, twenty mins of stretching daily, 60 g's of protein powder post workout, vitamin b12 complex daily (works absolute wonders - converts your food into energy...keeps me energized all day as long as you're taking in carbs and protein). gym memberships really arent that expensive and there is a lot more available in a gym then just weights. I've been following a plan out of a book called "Power Training" by Robert dos Remedios. Its a great exercise book to follow when you're not in the water. it shows tons of different techniques and exercises to ordinary workouts with explosive movement, making you drastically stronger, leaner, and super high muscle endurence (which is crucial for cold water surfing, or just surfing in general). check it out, you'd be shocked to see what some strength and core training can do to your performance in the water.