Elride.net is going down

Discussion in 'Texas' started by les freese, Feb 16, 2010.

1. les freese

les freese Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Er

Not really but That place is hard to get along with anyone.I hope they fix it because it really is a cool place with good ppl and a great source of texas surf info.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  2. snakepit

snakepit New Member

Feb 16, 2010
    what do you mean?

not a member but curious what are you complaining about?

3. les freese

Jan 15, 2008
    I'm not really trying to complain, I love the place, and like i said It Is a great place for texas surfing info. but they have what they call trolls " ppl making more then one account to piss ppl off"

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  4. Bombsight

Bombsight Member

Feb 26, 2010
    You're absolutely right, Les! .... I gave up on Elride. ....Been visiting that site since its beginning, but it has seen its better days. Too many people always starting sh*t with others.

This site and Texassurf.net is where I will visit until the negativity sets in.

5. les freese

Jan 15, 2008
    texassurf.net is cool. I'm on there alot too.

6. Longboard Loco

Longboard Loco Well-Known Member

May 29, 2008
    At least its not Texassurfers.com

I don't know... there are pics on that site of hot surfer chicks that came from an issue of Surfers Journal, and these guys put their watermark on them and never gave credit to the photographer or Surfers Journal...

I'm not too into that kind of thing... as a photographer, it is an insult to me, and a crime to the photographer who took the pic...

I'm disappointed... Up until I saw that, I liked the site, now, not so much

7. Bombsight

Bombsight Member

Feb 26, 2010
    I'd be willing to say that they have no idea what a watermark is actually used for. Seems to me they think its for the benefit of promoting themselves.

8. anijesupenn

anijesupenn New Member

Feb 7, 2008
  9. naradah

naradah Member

May 1, 2010
    I took a look at elride after I saw this thread, they seem like racist douche bags. WTF? Some of the stuff I saw was just ignorance! Sad that people still think like that, it's 2010 and last time I checked, the USA was a melting pot, not a slave market. :mad:

Swell info all the way!

10. RobHenson

RobHenson New Member

May 5, 2010
    Hmmm, Ive been a member on el Ride for over 3 years now and while there may be a few knucklheads there, I havent seen many flat out "racists douche bags" over there. What you havent seen is the amount of money and support that group has come together for and raised for people that need it. Billy Blues of gtownsurf had his camera damaged....what did el Ride do? Pitched in and bought him a brand new camera so he can bring us daily updates from the coast. Not to mention the fundraisers for Nate Lytle and Johnny Romano. Its still a great place, you just have to figure out how to navigate around the knuckleheads. Cool to see some familiar names over on this forum as well...will be fun to share some of my pictures here as well as El Ride.

11. RussianGuy

RussianGuy New Member

May 10, 2010
    I have enjoyed Elride until today when the access to it was blocked by my IT due to malware threat :( bummed.

12. slingitapp

slingitapp New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Not interested also.