Midget d*ck high april 9

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by mOtion732, Apr 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burdturd

burdturd Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    Everyone is wrong sometimes, you guys are taking this way too seriously. So you wasted a day off from work... want some pity? Better yet, don't bother looking at this site anymore and go get your reports/forecasts from surfline, I hear they are 100% accurate.

2. FlukeDorm

FlukeDorm Member

Mar 25, 2010
    Hey guys be nice, the head moderator on this site might ban you as soon as he is done rearranging his comic book collection.

3. johnnyd

johnnyd Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    So if you're so good at forecasting and know so much, why are you planning your schedule solely on this site? You sound stupid.

I think this site, along with weather.com, magicseaweed.com, and whatever other forecasting sites there are should be used as tools. Kinda like you. A tool. So you should be able to appreciate the value of this site.

Is this site wrong, yeah. Is Al Roker 100% right, no. But they're both pretty dependable, and I might add that Al Roker is a bit sexier. Check this site, your local weather and wind tables, maybe a cam or 2 and you should come to at least an educated guess. Are you able to make an educated guess? It requires thinking before you open your mouth.

4. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    ONE HUNDRED PERCENT IN THE SAME BOAT.

literally, the past 2 months, i've gotten skunked so many times SOLELY from relying on this site. over it. especially when taking time off for a f*cking waste of a f**king day

5. johnnyd

Feb 9, 2010
    You see. This is what I was getting at. Don't be so lazy and maybe you won't get skunked, you turd.

6. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    As you know Swellinfo has been doing Software upgrades to the forum . In result there has been in inacurate Surf reports as of lately. In part with the upgrades there has been some other issues with Bouy data and other things that have gone arise with the forum lately that are being fix and fast as they can.

Not everysite is 100% correct I dont think its anyones fault but your own if you depend on any site to help you make a decision on if you are gonna take off or not to go surf. I know not everyone can actually go look at it for them selves or there spot has a cam running or not. That why I have been a firm beliver in knowledge of what the spots you frequent the most do under the what conditions. Also double checking any site to weather channel and or Noaa is a good thing to do as well . Cause its a easy way to see if the site you are using is off or if that bouy's measuring equpiment is off

7. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    so what you're saying is basically don't use this site to aide in my forecasting. just figured that out the hard way for the last time!

8. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009

No I am not saying that I am saying I wouldnt make only one site your determing factor . Before I decide to "Go Look" at the surf I compare this site to other like Surfline and Magic . I check the Weather Channel and Noaa as well . I also check Cams as well before I hope in the truck and go out and physicaly look as it.

I wouldnt use one site cause there are plenty of varibles that come into play that either focasting software or local break kowledge and make or break a forcast.

Like I said the forcasting software has been have issue latley when upgrades were done . It is getting patched out in a timely manner.

9. CleanandGreen

CleanandGreen Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2008
    Ha u guys hating need to chillaxxxx. Do some searching there was waves pumping all day.

Scooby it did get really fun on the incoming, but tons of unknown faces found it too
    by the way, was that you earlier about 830 at lace parking lot?

CLEANANDGREEN

10. Fiforlife

Fiforlife Active Member

Dec 8, 2009
    This thread is ridiculous. Who plans their life around a computer? Some of you even said you know it wasnt going to be good because of the angle but you still managed to think because a computer told you differently it might be good. Thats pretty lame in my opinion. And if you hate this site so much, why do you continue to respond to other posts? Here's an idea, get some knowledge of your beach and look at all the variables and make the call for yourself. If all else fails, go to the beach and check it. That seemed to work for the boys back in the day who had no swellinfo to rely on. Stop being whiney little b**ches and do some work for yourself once... peace

11. johnnyd

Feb 9, 2010
    dare I say.........bump

12. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    all you guys who are *****ing & whining about there not being surf when this site said there would need to get off your asses & LOOK!
    i took one glance at today's forecast last nite & threw a pair of boards in my car & my 4/3, figuring i could hit it after school. guess what? i was right! i surfed for about 2 hours, from aaround 4-6ish. super fun, racy mini-barrels & shred fest! it wasn't as big as i'd hoped, but then again, the wind was all over it all day at like 20kts. but there were still some waist-chest high sets coming thru. so maybe the swell was a bit overcalled. oh well. wednesday was undercalled(forecast knee-thigh high, but there were some bigger sets coming thru), so it evens out in my book.
    w/ a steep angle south swell like this, you gotta know where to look. having some actual local knowledge goes a long way. i think you guys are just a bunch of kooks.

13. chillisurfer

chillisurfer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Did people here actually trust a weak windswell that was supposed to be chest high yesterday and was flat to actually be head high? I knew yesterday it wouldn't be head high especially because of the previous days. Surfline said 3-4+ too so its not only swellinfo who was totally off. Surprisingly MSW was pretty much on for a time, but still in the right spots at the right times there were chest high sets coming in.

14. Jrusso

Jrusso Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2007
    koooooooooooooooooks!!!

stop B I T C H I N G. shlt happens

15. xgen70

xgen70 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2006
    Talk about flipping out,..over a wind swell.

Yes many were a little let down, myself as well. But SSW is a hit or miss for OCMD.

That did not stop many from finding the best they could work with this am.

If you only rely on this site that is your own fault.

If you knew all the times we get waves when none are called for or that the size was Underestimated, you really would be pissed off.

This thread was weak from the start,..the guy is crying because why? Everyone complaining can just stay off the beach and out of the water.

16. OceanCitySurfReport

OceanCitySurfReport Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Well coming from a webmaster / programmer ill tell you that vBulletin this forum that is getting upgraded has NOTHING to do with predicting a surf forecast. So blaming it on a software update is pretty inaccurate. This isnt the first time they have been wrong it happens a lot just no one opens there mouth about it (most of the time). Also when it comes to buoy data 44009 has been reporting accurate as far back as i have checked so pushing this site issue on NOAA again is inaccurate and unprofessional. You guys take data from NOAA then change it to what you think is going to happen so its not raw data, its been modified...

17. Swellinfo

Swellinfo Administrator

May 19, 2006
    SSW swells are tough for new jersey. a few degrees in the swell directions make a big difference. the model updates from one update to the other change substantially on these quick moving systems, and this can happen and over/under calls do happen.

we are working on upgrades to the forecasting system that will help overall make improvements to the forecasts.... but its not easy, and requires a lot of work.

18. VAsurfer604

VAsurfer604 Well-Known Member

Jan 13, 2009
    Its a free website, youre not paying for anything, unlike surfline. If you dont like it leave, if someone gives you lemonade for free and you don't like it you don't have to drink it. Dont complain because someone (Swellinfo) works their but off every day to provide free, and mostly accuate forcasts.

19. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    When I say forum I mean as the whole site in general has been getting upgrade including the software the makes up the FORECASTING software. These issue have more comon lately as things have been getting upgraded.

SSW swells are like Swellinfo said very hit and miss for NJ. You gotta know what beach and what tides work best. Not to meantion you also have to factor in the ever changed bottom contours and amount of sand had been added or taken from beaches over the winter.

As for taking data for NOAA and taken it for it Raw state to a Modified state I know nothing of that I have now involvement with that all I am is just a Mod. I wouldnt even know how to work that aspect of the site .

Swellinfo is doing this service casue he wants to and PROVIDES a FREE service and people wanna ***** cause the site has be inacurate for a slight amount of time.

20. bbnj

bbnj Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    motion732 is an idiot. I'm glad you took the day off. I'm sure the people you work with were very pleased to not have you around for the day. Stop complaining because you have no knowledge about swells and other related issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.