catch surf original 54

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by skunk patrol, Jun 30, 2010.

1. skunk patrol

skunk patrol Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Ive been checking out the original 54 for awhile and have been tempted to get one, they look like alot of fun. has anyone ever played with one that can give me some feedback.
    thanks

2. KyleB

KyleB Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I have a beater. It's a lot of fun especially when the surf is small and mushy, and there's nothing like pulling 360's in the middle of driving down the line. Big unsurfable shorebreak waves are also a ton of fun to huck yourself into even though you don't make it most of the time. The only thing to think about is that it's really hard to get used to popping up on such a tiny board.

3. bmore surf

bmore surf Well-Known Member

May 20, 2006
    I was riding a 57 "
    from Congo boards this weekend.
    Fun board on knee high shore break...hey gotta do something when your itchin' and the beach is regulated by lifeguards.

4. 1234austin

1234austin Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2008
    i have the beater 54 and its a pretty fun board. ive only has it for about a week but fun in the summer surf..might as well play around on it,popping up is tough to start out.

5. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    I thought it was determined that these types of boards would not be allowed on non-surfing beaches in OCMD?

6. skunk patrol

Jun 15, 2009
    i talked to danny at k coast and he said that as long as you got the finless model it was all good to ride anywhere.

7. skunk patrol

Jun 15, 2009
    awwwwwwwwww man i got one! So sick! Super fun to skim and body board even though im completely jacked up from eaten sand practiceing my skiming skills all weekend. By far though the coolest was trying to surf it pretty hard but def worth it. i was havein trouble paddleing into waves just because there wasnt much of a swell this weekend as we all know. So i tried something different. i would run like a wildman down to the little shore break jump over it land on my BELLY then pop up and turn just it time to catch the next little breaker coming in. SUPER FUN