tomorrow

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by lbsurfer, Sep 3, 2010.

1. lbsurfer

lbsurfer Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    does anyone really think the swell is gonna die that fast? :confused:

2. Surferdann

Surferdann Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2008
    It definitely will not be like it is now...I'm saying chest sets high in the morning.

3. lbsurfer

lbsurfer Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2009
    that's what i was thinking, i wasnt expecting like head high waves with those offshore winds we're having, but i dont think offshore winds at 15 knots would bring a long period overhead swell to waist high. somebody correct me if im wrong

4. JERSEYboarder

JERSEYboarder Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    i thought the same thing how does it drop soo much?? but idk i kinda hope it does drop like that because i like it about stomache tochest high but im also smaller and younger but i hope so

5. JMD

JMD Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Ya I was wondering the same thing. All I know is I will be up at 5:30 to check it...

6. Waverider82

Waverider82 Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2010
    I don't agree with the forecast just based on experience. Yeah this hurricane is way too powerful and passing way tooo close for there to be no swell tomorrow on the backside. I've seen noreaster's not nearly this powerful punch out into the Canadian maritimes real fast and the next day was enormous. If anything, the swells are probably just going to be more organzied. I'm going to check the forecast tomorrow morning. That will tell the story.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  7. DogTownEra

DogTownEra Member

Aug 29, 2010
    No

8. cdeli15

cdeli15 New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    I think it could drop fast. Strong offshore winds and the storm tracking up the coast, rather than out to sea, is not the best combo to keep a swell around for very long. My guess is knee to chest, maybe a couple of leftover head high very early for DE and MD.

9. Waverider82

Mar 26, 2010
    Well I was wrong and swellinfo was right. Swell dropping like a rock and it's only 10:00am.

10. EmptyM

EmptyM Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    of course you were wrong. i just hope you didn't waste too much duct tape getting ready for today.

11. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    southern monmouth county 5:30am head high occ plus peak... size faded while wind picked up...

****ing stokedddddd

12. burdturd

burdturd Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I got out at 6 AM. Still some head high barrels, actually it was all barrels the whole time I was there. Lots of fun, sucks if you missed it.

Btw I wasn't in Monmouth, but still, it was firing.

13. NJ SPONGIN

NJ SPONGIN Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Ahhhhhh i cant get out till later, hope it still has size and is goood.

14. Ripcurl058

Ripcurl058 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    ocnj was sooo fun... 3-4ft clean and dredging! soo hollow

15. Waverider82

Mar 26, 2010
    Actually I spoke to soon. I was right. It's still firing overhead at 3:00pm.

16. EmptyM

EmptyM Active Member

Jul 31, 2010
    yeah, overhead to you

cause you were on your belly. hahahahahahaha.......................................

17. Waverider82

Mar 26, 2010
    I'm not in the mid atlantic. My buoy is over 8 feet at 11 seconds......That's not overhead or close to it? Another brilliant post empty. Certainly bigger than the 3 feet at 11 seconds that was forecasted for this time. Wasn't just swellinfo that got it wrong, other sources too.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  18. shupat08

shupat08 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Texas Tower #4 off the coast of SNJ is still reading 9.2 ft @ 9 seconds. **** was firing this afternoon by me. Photogs on the beach, mad heads in the water. Peelers.

19. cap2nd

cap2nd Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2007
    It sucked totally today, glad you all stayed home getting stoned and playing on your xbox.. do it again tomorrow.