Anyone?

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by NJ SPONGIN, Sep 29, 2010.

1. NJ SPONGIN

NJ SPONGIN Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    Anyone Go out this morning? im in school and im looking at the cams looks fun, but how was it if you went out? hoping to get on it after school.

2. kev711

kev711 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    Would you mind posting up the links of the surf cams that you use?

3. NJ SPONGIN

Feb 24, 2009
  4. aka pumpmaster

aka pumpmaster Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2008
    Not yet. I'm saving up for Friday. What sucks is that I just got back from a week in Vegas so I'm pretty sure I'm gonna need a full suit.

5. NJ SPONGIN

Feb 24, 2009
    Haha anything from the hangover take place?:D

6. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    yeah I was gonna sneak out friday in the am for a session before work

7. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008

Nah..took the wife. We go every year. I love that place. It's nice to get away from surfing for awhile and just enjoy the finer things in life.

I will say tho that there was this perfect little knee high right in the wave pool at Mandalay Bay that was driving me nuts. We were hanging with a couple from San Clemente who surf and we were just watching it break all day.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  8. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    surfed long branch from 6:45 to 9am. waist to head high, some solid juicy sets. insane current. tide was a bit drained early making for some steep but really fun drops. barrels here and there. some walls and some peaks.

first time surfing my new 5'8 lost rocket which is an absolutely sick board.

also broke my pinky toe on the jetty. ugh

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  9. LBNJ Local

LBNJ Local Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    i surfed LB this mornign too, such a great session!!! Was so pissed that i had to come to work, but hoping for an after work session if the winds go back offshore. I got in the water at sunrise, such an amazing day so far!

10. bennysgohome

bennysgohome Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    Central Monmouth was really run with some occ head high barrels. As you said, there were some walls, but mostly peaks which allowed for possible short barrel rides. The current was insane, just on the paddle out you drfted 200 yards. Great morning!

11. mOtion732

mOtion732 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    same dude, but i opted for the 'i have a doctor's appt' this morning so i really extended the session til around 9, meaning i work from 10-6 and probably not getting back to the beach before the sun goes down.

looking forward to friday and the weekend in rockaway

12. LBNJ Local

LBNJ Local Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    That's always a good one, the ole doctor's appt... I got out around 8 too, but really didn't want to!

13. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    i've had a $#itty week at school & am gonna take a mental health day on friday. i'm thinking of heading up to lbi if anyone wants to meet up for a session in the am.

surfed here this afternoon...was worth the hour i gave it, but not much more. there wasn't a breath of wind when i left school, but by the time i got to the beach the wind had come up onshore & chopped it up. still, i managed to find a couple fun little peaks & corners.

14. dirtythirty34

dirtythirty34 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Vegas certainly does not possess the "finer" things in life.

15. NJ SPONGIN

Feb 24, 2009
    Got on it after school, got there and wind was onshore. Thought it was gonna be crap but was one of the best sessions ive had this year.

16. jay cagney

jay cagney Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2007
  17. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008
    Oh yeah.? Go to 4 Bellagio, Wynn or Mandalay and then come back.

Don't make the mistake of equating Vegas with AC.

18. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Wednesday morning was pretty damn fun, Clean, Barreling, and about chest to head on set!

Vegas aint got **** on AC.
    We have an OCEANNNNNNNNNNNNN.

19. aka pumpmaster

Apr 30, 2008

lol, you got me on the ocean but I like to do a non-surfing vacation once a year. You would besurprised how hard it is to find a cool place to go where there is no surfing.

20. dirtythirty34

dirtythirty34 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008