Things to be thankful for

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by Waldo Rem, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mongoloid

mongoloid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    waldo you should probably just stop hanging out at wawas so much

2. Waldo Rem

Waldo Rem Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    matt johnson you are the one not reading correctly and I don't think you know how bail money works. You get the money back once your case is dismissed or whatever and got it back. I also never state that I know who the person who did it was, reading a couple posts back where I said I don't have friends who would do anything like that. I have no clue what your refering to as "bought damage". Finally getting falsey arrested is actually very different than choosing to work 40 hrs a week. First of all, by having the choice to work and taking advantage of that you have some freedom. You can also choose not to work at all and just surf, freedom again. By being falsely arrested and thrown in jail you have no freedom. So it's easy to see why there's a huge difference there, you don't have to work, I was forced to go to jail

3. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I dont know I was never in jail but if I was bailed out of jail and then once my case came to trail or charges were drop I would assume that I would get my bail money back. ( I dont know cause I never been to jail and I and just using comon sence).

As for body damage you were accused of hitting the cops car with your car correct??? Well there woudl be some sort of acident damage on your car and his car . Paint scuffs fron his paint on the cop on your car and vise versa and there would be some sort of dents or body damge like so . If there is none of that present then it obvious the cops was covering up his mistake and you woudl have a huge payday .

As for you being held agianst your will and freedom taken yeah it not as bad as Having to work. Yeah they are the same in the aspect your jail time kept you from surfing for 3 weeks and People who miss surfing could work cause in this wacked out world money pays for everything Food , water , Shelter ect. If one didnt work how could they afford to Surf. Boards, shorts , Wetsuits , Food, water, Shelter all cost money and unless you like living in carboard box or have rich parents. Some of us have to work to afford the the thing in life needed to live and surf.

4. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Dont get me wrong, I wasn't painting a picture of myself... I was just trying to paint a picture of exactly why I dont get harrassed. I lived in baltimore through college and I know plenty of guys who fit that description... and guess what, they all got locked up all the time. Harrassed all the time. And my answer was, stop walking like a duck, talking like a duck, quacking like a duck and the duck hunters may not hunt you anymore.... You know. The timbs and white shirts are just what I remember of basically every shady character I would ever see back in Baltimore... Then they wonder why the cops "hemmed them up"... you know??? Its like, dont you know you fit the same description as like 150 wanted murderers in the city???? How about you just stand outside with a target on your back!

5. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Ok, all confusion aside. Is this case over? Has it been settled? Because if it has not, they obviously have evidence again you or they would not pursue... So, unless your lawyer told you to hush hush, why dont you explain fully what has been explained to you. Everyone has the right to know the details of the accusers accusations... What do they "Think" they have on you? It has to be something.....

I mean, if the cop thinks that you hit him with a car earlier in the night or something, then he would have had to call it in to ask for backup to look for the car etc... So, there must be record somewhere of a description of not only your car, but you...

I am just saying, Im not accusing you of anything... I just think you are angry about it, but there is more to the story...

Like, why were you sitting on a curb at Wawa... When did the incident supposeldy happen. Where were you REALLY when this happened if you didnt do it....

Its court, they have to prove that you have done wrong, so they gotta have something on you. That cop cant just pick you out of a crowd and put a crime on you. Furthermore, why on earth would he? Its either an honest mistaken identity, or you are just sticking to your story....

Ive seen guys stumble drunk into a cop, then get beat down and charged with "assaulting an officer", so do I believe in Gross exageration? Yes... But usually there is some truth to it... Maybe the guy asked you to stop earlier and you drove off, making him jump out of the way... Something... You may not have "Hit him" but if a cop says he is %100 certain you did this, there has to be some kind of link there.... A guy looking just like you, same outfit, same car color, year make and model... I mean, what are the chances?

Talk to us bro.... You just left out all of the important stuff...

We all know how bail works... You pay bond, 10%, never get it back... You pay bail, you get it all back after court... BUT... BUT... If you paid Bail or Bond, then you ARE being charged... nothing has been dismissed...

So after 3 weeks of being detained, seeing the commisioner of the prison on NUMEROUS occasions im sure, given a chance to explain yourself.... and with all the lawyers, cops, commissioners etc, NO ONE BELIEVED YOU? No one looked deeper? I mean, talk to us dude... why does EVERYONE involved think you are guilty?

6. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    yup born, and bred. grew up in palisades park, and lived within a 3 mile radius from march of 1971[birth] until april of 2002. 31 years up there, and continued to work up there until 2006. i moved back for a year in 06/07, and was heartbroken. it's a joke how expensive everything is up there. noisy streets at night, hard to find parking spots on the streets, houses literally separated by 5 feet. it just has sort of an atmosphere about it up there thats very different from anywhere else. though northern bergen county has some quiet nice little boros, and surprisingly enough even cheaper than the rate race towns. even saddle brook, and hasbrouck heights, elmwood park, and rochelle park have nice neighborhoods, and then there is the upper class of allendale, and ho ho kus. nice places though. at any rate to survive up there it's pretty much essential that you bring home $80 grand a year. unless you're single thats one thing.

7. eatswell

eatswell Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    also to waldo. you said you don't have to work, and believe me i am not trying to knock the time you served, and your situation, but i don't think there is logic in that. there is no law stating everyone has to work, or that pretty much anyone is required to. to live though it is essential. even those who collect welfare, and other subsidy's they can't get by on that. for me it's essential that i work or else i can't have the privildge to live by the beach. if i didn't have my own business i couldn't even afford to live by the beach at all! i would be renting, and working right back up in bergen county again! right where i started. i mean the last two years i commuted up there 2004-2006 i was using my whole pay on gas, and other bills. just getting by. so yeah i mean how could anyone afford boards, or to even get to the beach to surf? unless your parents are rich, and support you your whole life. so while you aren't required to work i do think you NEED to work if you are gonna get anywhere. as crappy as working can be.

8. ola44

ola44 Member

Aug 17, 2009
    my question is why did everyone jump on here and attack waldon right away? i believe he was just trying to make everyone on this forum aware of what happened to him and that it can happen to anyone. let a fellow surfer vent...he is not calling anyone a kook or trash talking anyone else on this forum like many people do. everyone please just stop with the mean comments. this is no place for them :D

9. zach619

Jan 21, 2009
    Agreed. I think we all just feel misinformed. There are TONS of threads started on this forum with good intentions. And it only takes a few replies to comlpetely destroy it. Lesson of the day: If you want to open up a can of worms in the mid-atlantic forum, expect lots of reponses, usually questioning your ideas....

That is just how things go.... We all WANT to believe, he just needs to help us see the light. Trust me, if this guys knew how I felt about cops, he would be shocked that I am even questioning him, but this isnt about me... Its about the dude who got throw in jail and is venting. Vent away my brother. Vent away...

10. ola44

ola44 Member

Aug 17, 2009
    thank you zach! also..i wont point any fingers but those of you who are saying people may be falsely accused but are ALWAYS proven innocent. that is most definitely not the case. you must live under a rock if you are so ignorant to believe this. over 10,000 people a year are wrongfully convicted of a serious crime they did not do! and this was not even that serious of a crime (compared to murder) and he was wrongfully accused. many people spend YEARS in jail for murders they did not commit! living close to dewey beach i have seen cops act out on MANY occasions. in small beach towns the cops dont have a lot of violent/serious crime to take care of so it seems like they arrest people for the dumbest reasons. just sayin....

11. ola44

ola44 Member

Aug 17, 2009
    well this is my last reply about this....i also believe that if i read this correctly waldon is asking anyone if they have connections with the press so he has the chance to get HIS SIDE of the story out (which i would want to do as well if i were him and im sure everyone else on this forum would too)

12. Fiforlife

Fiforlife Active Member

Dec 8, 2009
    Not trying to stir the pot, and it might be off topic, but Matt Johnson has some serious spelling errors in just about every post. Is it just me? It's frustrating at times....

13. 34thStreetSurfing

34thStreetSurfing Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
  14. Waldo Rem

Waldo Rem Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    zach I could probably write at least 5 pages on here telling that everyone I know believes I was innocent . The fact of the matter is that this case was nolle prosqued and I was proved innocent, it's supposed to be innocent until proven guilty but shows how much our society cares about our founding fathers. So this is not an ongoing case. I am just trying to demonstrate how our government is corrupt, in a real incident and that it should be fixed.

15. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Yeah I do but it thats how I roll when I am typing on a blackberry . If you dont like it hit the log out button :rolleyes:

16. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Nobody attacked him ???? Actually if you read threw this whole thread or used the search button you would there that there was another thread on what happend to Waldo.

I think what everyone is wanting to know is that there is some obvious things that seem to be ignored in this case . It maybe something being covered up by the cops or something waldo is not telling us who knows.

Like Zach is trying to say there has to be more than one person in his area with say type of car. And if there is not any type for evidence that he hit the cops car i.e. Damage to his car or paint scuff marks . then they should start looking for that type of car that has that type of body damage. Not change the story or the discription of the car like the Cop did in court.

17. Waldo Rem

Waldo Rem Active Member

Apr 4, 2010
    the officer was also chasing kids at a party that night in west oc. The kids got away from him and his story seems awfully faulty to be that he really got hit by a car. Medical personnel at AGH said that you would recieve bruises or contusions from being hit by a car. The officer when treated after this incident magically was unharmed. I'm thinking he made this story up because a bunch of little kids got away from him and he didn't want to be embarrased when the sergeant asked why didn't you get those kids. The other officers were involved in some sketchy business as well, busting a party by drawing guns at the kids, for supposed a supposedly gang related drug dealing or something along those lines, get real they definetly made that up. The parents of these children also filed complaints for that.

18. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Second that, big ones too :D

19. MATT JOHNSON

Oct 11, 2009
    Also too was his Air bag discharged??? If he was hit anyplace in the front of the car or in somecase now on the side the air bag will deploy. If thats the case that is didnt then . There is so many ways you can burn this cop in court.

Like is said not all cops are bad it the rare 5% like the one being mentioned that make them all look bad

20. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Like is said not all cops are bad it the rare 5% like the one being mentioned that make them all look bad[/QUOTE]

I think Waldo is saying he was accused of hitting the cop while he (the cop) was on foot. I don't think he's saying he was accused of hitting the police car. If thats the case, unless the cop was near his car the camera would be useless.
    That being said, I was hassled un-mercifully (is that a word?) when I was a kid because I had a very nasty super clean bad a$$ car. Every cent I got I put into that car. I would get pulled over all the time for nothing. And I wasn't some A-Hole lighting them up at every light. I had my car purposely scratched and or dented by them several times mainly with their flash lights just to piss me off because there was nothing you could do. Report what - ha ha - try to drive around after that. I was never arrested or givin a moving violation for that matter. The good part about being an old guy is I can now drive around with a blower sticking out of the hood, race exhaust, and a pair of slicks on the back and the cops smile and wave. NICE :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.