12-18-10

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by surfingboy65, Dec 18, 2010.

1. surfingboy65

surfingboy65 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2010
    anyone else paddle out? found some fun waist waves little wedgy peaks will fun sections just seeing anyone else found anything. since the report was flat line

2. ridewaves

ridewaves Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Surfed a spot this morning.. a decent thigh high peak or two for sure! But the real fun came when I moved 10 minutes south to a spot that was 1-2 ft. bigger. Wedgy, barreling, perfect. Just me and a couple other guys.

I don't know if anybody knew about yesterday either but it was waist-stomach high around 3:15PM and I hit it til dark. I have no idea how that happened after the whole day was ankle high.

3. surfingboy65

Aug 10, 2010
    yea i heard that yesterday was really fun too yea it seemed to be getting a little bigger as the day went on too

4. ridewaves

Jun 20, 2008
    I didn't pay attention to the weather down south but it may have been a small windswell from somewhere down there that took some time to get up here. Yesterday the waves were definitely from a S swell but I did notice some E ground swell mixed in. All of the modules seem to be missing these E g swells lately... because it was definitely more E today and almost as big.

5. surfingboy65

Aug 10, 2010
    yea it seemed like two different swell directions today S and E it was weird where i was but really fun i am going down tomorrow too just to check cause been fun 2 days in a row

6. ridewaves

Jun 20, 2008
    Yeah there's still a wave out there now, just shorey because of the tide. Hopefully there will be something tomorrow but with NNW winds I am limited to one spot. Thankfully that's the spot that magnifies the swell..

7. Scobeyville

Scobeyville Well-Known Member

May 11, 2009
    Must be nice collecting unemployment. ****

8. ridewaves

Jun 20, 2008
    Nah! I'm done with the semester but work in the evening as a busser. I had to cram that session in on Weds.