Its a Girl!

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by zach619, Feb 9, 2011.

1. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    So after getting hitched back in August, the wife and I are almost 5 months along with our first child. We got to do the 3d imaging yesterday, and its a healthy little girl in there. Already moving around a ton.

I am SUPER excited to introduce a little surf princess into the world! Mid July. She is going to rip!

2. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    congrats!! i promise you this...you don't know what love is until your baby girl comes out!! you're going to be amazed of how much your perspective changes in seconds. Its an awesome thing.

PS your so f***ed!!!! LMAO!!!

3. tibu35

tibu35 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    congrats man.....good for you and your family

4. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    yeah them girls will spend your money. just watch out.

5. pvjumper05

pvjumper05 Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2008
  6. DJFresh

DJFresh Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Congrats to you and the Mrs. All the best.

7. zach619

zach619 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Yeah, we are stoked. We have already bought all kinds of stuff. The grandparents to be are currently going on baby shopping sprees, so its pretty cool.

And man, I have never been happy to have my overpriced healthcare plan. Its going to save us like 12K by the time she is born with deliveries and stuff...

Technology is crazy nowdays. So cool to watch your baby grow. Its only 5 months and she is a full on little person in there. Awesome.

8. Zeroevol

Zeroevol Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Congrats dude!!!! Any ideas on her first board?

9. attikus

attikus Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Congrats, man. Girls are the best -- got an almost-two-year-old at home and I can't even begin to explain how happy she makes me...

10. phacts

phacts Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Congrats!

Amen to all of that! My daughter is a July baby too, except now she's 5. Mind == Blown.

I got her on her first waves this year - http://vimeo.com/14106992

Best thing ever. I can't wait to get her on my longboard!

11. wbsurfer

wbsurfer Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2008
    yeah just wait 14 years when she is bringing home guys and driving and wanting money.

12. drivensurf

drivensurf Active Member

Sep 26, 2008
    That's sick! Congrats... I have 2 little girls myself and I am already claiming that when they are 18 and 16 you will all read about me on the front page of the Atlantic City Press because i'm probaly gonna have to smoke some fool...That being said...get ready to be stooooooooked. Best feeling ever.

13. MATT JOHNSON

MATT JOHNSON Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Congrats Man!!!!

I got 3 girls my self ages 7, 5, & 1 and they are all treasures to me . I am gonna get the two older girls a cpl liquid shredders this summer and let them have at . The took to spnges all last summer so I gotta get them on boards this year LOL

14. DaMook

DaMook Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    i have two girls, 5 and 2. The 5 year old is already trying to stand on an oversized boogie board without any instructions. Matt, 3 kids? Damn, two is enough for me!!

15. goofy footer

goofy footer Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Congratulations Zach and family :)

If ya need any help naming Surf Princess we'll be glad help ya out :eek:

16. njsurfer42

njsurfer42 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    congrats, zach! it's a gremmie! :D

personally, if i found out was about to be a father, i'd be more like :eek::eek: then :D , but that's just me at this point in my life

17. Recycled Surfer

Recycled Surfer Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Congratulations !!!! Let the fun begin. :p

18. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    congrats zach. don't know you but i get the sense you'll be a great dad. (just try not to share all of your knowledge with her at once. you might blow her mind:D)

lou reed said it best:
    it's the beginning of a great adventure...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPkVt7U0Gvs

19. Darealm

Darealm Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2007
    Congrats dude!

20. johnnyd

johnnyd Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    Congrats man. Just had a boy 3 weeks ago, so it's still fresh. Word of warning:

People take joy in your misery. You will never be so annoyed by "so how's the baby sleeping". One thing I've learned, tell them your baby gets up only 1 a night and is on a schedule. It'll piss 'em off cause they weren't so lucky. Everyone's got advice (like I just gave you). Some's helpful, most isn't. Most will come naturally.

Secret tip. Heating pad set on medium or low or whatever placed under the bassanet covers will buy you hours of sleep. She will argue. But try it one time and you will win her over. Babies like heat. That's all the more I'll bestow.

Good luck and remember to breathe!