wetsuit question

Discussion in 'Northeast' started by surferdude0900, Feb 5, 2011.

1. surferdude0900

surferdude0900 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    I have an Xcel drylock 5/4/3 w/ 7mm drylock boots and 7mm drylock gloves...Would I be warm enough for the rest of the winter? if not do i need another layer? What do u guys reccomend for another layer? Thanks bros...

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  2. RID

RID Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    You should be fine. If you have been warm wearing that until now its not going to get too much colder at this point.

3. kman

kman Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2007
    that's my exact setup, except i wuz rockin 5mm gluvez. i surfed 2 dayz ago in 20 degree air temps and wuz ROASTIN in suit! ur handz/feet may b lill' cold @ 1st, but that usually goez away after thu 1st 10 minutes, az u start paddlin and git blood runnin thru bodeey.

4. soulrider

soulrider Well-Known Member

Jul 19, 2010
    haha thats so funny kman im rockin the 5 mils too haha it blows

5. surferdude0900

surferdude0900 Active Member

Nov 20, 2010
    see i just picked up the 7mm boots/ gloves so i could surf the rest of the season...kman fine minds think alike...now all i need is some waves

6. MellowMonday

MellowMonday Active Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Don't want to sound like a beatch, but I wore Xcel 6/5 X-lock with 7 mil boots and gloves last Wednesday and was sweating my nads off. 5/4 works great unless the wind is way up.

7. RID

RID Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    As long as your comfortable in the water and your movements are not restricted what does it matter what you where. Surfing is about fun not who can go the deepest into winter wearing a 3/2 without boots and gloves.

8. Bfsurfside4

Bfsurfside4 Active Member

Nov 4, 2010
    even though that does add a competition factor, dying generally isn't too fun hahaha

9. Willy

Willy Active Member

Jan 4, 2011
    I surf on the Northern OBX with an Xcel Drylock Hooded 4/3, 5mm boots, and 5mm gloves, with a heated rash guard my wife bought me from HeatedWetsuits.com , and I stay toasty warm, with water all the way down into the low 40s.

You guys up in New England get much colder water than us. You might wanna try one out. I love mine, and surf all winter with it. Combined with the drylock suit, it's amazing how warm you will stay, even on the coldest days!