friday afternoon

Discussion in 'Mid Atlantic' started by cresto4, Feb 24, 2011.

1. cresto4

cresto4 Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    tomorrows looking good with air temps in the 70s in vb. anybody else stoked for a warm friday afternoon session to get the weekend started?!:D

2. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    So the wind will most likely switch to SW once the thunderstorms pass... but 25 mph, I'm gonna take off blind on some of those waves. Oh, well. I'm hoping Saturday morning the winds go against what's being forecasted.

3. Double Over-toe

Double Over-toe Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    i'll be goin out for sure. it's kinda hard to pass up stomach high sets with a 70 deg. air temp. in VB.

4. delawaredell

delawaredell Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2009
    I'm definitely trying to go out, but they are calling 20-30 sustained winds, with 60 mph gusts... little sketchy to me, but i'll make the call tomorrow i guess.

5. Jeep_Builder

Jeep_Builder Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I'm with you on that. This weather to swell pattern so far this year has just been one giant tease. I'm gonna take a shot at it. I'd rather catch a bumpy wave than no wave at all.

6. wontonwonton

wontonwonton Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Just go out and roll around in some size. You have plenty of flat time coming up. Make use of whatever is here. Yes, saturday will be small fun clean but it is nice to hit some size and then do sat too mayn.

7. wavejunkie

wavejunkie Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2008
    Friday is the first time since late november/early december there will be a headhigh wave in NJ and its forecasted to go offshore at sunset.....and i thought the people in Libya had it bad

8. RobG

RobG Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2010
    i think the winds will go offshore with enough time to get a quick session in before dark, it could be sick if the winds cooperate cause the size will be there.

i wont be able to make it after work unfortunately so im hoping for some fun leftovers saturday AM

9. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    how is it going to go from knee to over head in such a short amount of time? Is this overcalled? I'm taking off work early to go get some either way. Hoping for at least some shoulder high crispy ones in monmouth county...

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  10. mongoloid

mongoloid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    could be overcalled. surf line is calling waist-chest. either way, theres waves with offshores.

11. NJ SPONGIN

NJ SPONGIN Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2009
    A recall a swell in early february that easily had head high waves coming in.

12. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    thank you,njspongin.wavejunkie,if you went and checked it on the right day at the right time at breaks right here in central jersey there were head high or bigger waves since late november/early december on december 12,13,20,21,24,25, january 19,27, february 2,14.
    that's the ten days i surfed some head-high waves,too bad you missed it.

13. ECSURFR

ECSURFR Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2007
    wow there are some bomb ass sets rolling through OC right now...its gonna be good when it cleans up!!

14. wallysurfr

wallysurfr Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2007
    monmouth county is looking good. Shoulder to head. Steep south swell. Wind is SW and it's still a little deep from the high. Going to be gnarly right before dark (as compared to what we've had lately).

I'm charging it!

15. epidemicepic

epidemicepic Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    the wind where i am is 50 mph sustained, gusting to 65... according to my local noaa station. Crazy !!

16. LBCrew

LBCrew Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Surf was solid overhead where I was this afternoon... but the wind and current kinda sucked. It was blowing so hard my eyes and face are still burning. Ha! Got to be quite a struggle, and my wave count crashed, even if there were plenty of waves all over the place.

Better than nothin...

17. SearchForShacks

SearchForShacks Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Ocean City MD drift sesh.. got in before west wind at 23st floated through the rainstorm which was sick wind pulled west after and then all the way to 70th st in about an hour.. bassically an hour of eating ****

18. McLovin

McLovin Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Those offshores were howling, and it wasn't as bad here as some other places. It was unfortunate because the swell had some size, coulda been much more fun, but the offshores were holding them up so much some of the sets wouldn't break until it was just shorebreak.

19. beachbreak

beachbreak Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2008
    inlet was good before the wind and very unusual just me.everybody waited for wind switch makes no sense. with this place ssw is good.it got windy,crowded later.no current here

20. Double Over-toe

Double Over-toe Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    So today was least to say an awesome freakin surf day....I woke up, applied my wetsuit, surfed from 10-2, went home, got some food, re-applied wetsuit, surfed from 3:30 to 6.